Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happened when you spoke to your crush for the first time Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know how you feel mate, for the last year I've been absolutely crazy over this girl and I'm in year 13 with 5schoo weeks ever left. I've spoken to her maybe 7 or 8 times but when you take into account this is spread over an entire year it's not much at all. I'm constantly trying to think of excuses to make convo, she doesn't even have Facebook so I do t know what I can do.We have a mutual friend who is a male, I've been friends with this guy since like year 9 and were in all the same classes this year due to taking maths further maths and physics. Good thing he has a girlfriend who he has been with since I can remember so he won't be interested in her. I dorm know how he an this girl met but they seem quite close I see them walking an chatting together, I talk to him everyday and was wondering if telling him I like her would be a good idea or not, I was gonna ask him to start a convo with all 3 of us which ha happened before and then leave after a while so I can ask for her number or something. Is this a good idea?
    i would probs tell your friend to help you out since you've known him since yr 9, I think you can trust him.

ReputationRep:
    I first asked the girl I like a Q on fb about lectures. Then last week Monday spoke to her face to face and on Tuesday we had a 10 seconds convo about uni grades.

It's so hard trying to talk to her cos she is always with her friends and we only have uni for 3 days a week. Uni is finishing in 3 weeks and I don't know what to do??

I want to get her number but I don't think we've had enough convos. I can add her on fb but I don't know how that would help.
    How did it go when you spoke face to face? Its really nerve wracking the first time.
    10 seconds is really short for a convo.

My crush is mostly with her friends. I saw her around an hour ago with her friends so i left them alone. Ill see her tomorrow on her own. Im only at college for 3 days a week but only see her on a Friday.

Getting her number is good but as you said, it does seem a little to early for that.
    Adding her on FB will allow you to chat with her when youre not at uni. You could maybe arrange to meet her that way. Thats how it helps.

ReputationRep:
    Some Turkish girl on my course, I sat next to her asking where she was from, she said "oh, turkey, why'd you ask?" I said, "oh, you look mediterranean." She said "oh, ok, what about you, where are you from?", I said I was anglo indian. She was like "Oh, nice" then awkward silence, then I said "ok, bye" (cos I had work to do) and she was like "oh, ok bye." We never really spoke after that.

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    How did it go when you spoke face to face? Its really nerve wracking the first time.
    10 seconds is really short for a convo.

My crush is mostly with her friends. I saw her around an hour ago with her friends so i left them alone. Ill see her tomorrow on her own. Im only at college for 3 days a week but only see her on a Friday.

Getting her number is good but as you said, it does seem a little to early for that.
    Adding her on FB will allow you to chat with her when youre not at uni. You could maybe arrange to meet her that way. Thats how it helps.
    When we spoke face to face it was a good convo. We found out that we are both from the same part of London and live around 30mins from each other. She was asking questions too.

I'm only at uni 3 days a week.

ReputationRep:
    I assume it was down to being really nervous about it.
    Surely she didn't tell you that. If she did that's really harsh. I bet it hurt to hear that too.
    Just explained too her that I was nervous and everything was hunky dory

ReputationRep:
    I jizzed in my pants

ReputationRep:
    When we spoke face to face it was a good convo. We found out that we are both from the same part of London and live around 30mins from each other. She was asking questions too.

I'm only at uni 3 days a week.
    Ah thats good. My crush lives near me too
    Shows she was interested. Mine asked a few questions. Im seeing her again tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    Just explained too her that I was nervous and everything was hunky dory
    I guess she understood how you felt and probably felt a bit of sympathy for you.
    At least everything went well for you. It was worth it once you did it (i take it?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    I jizzed in my pants
    Very casual

Very casual
    Just added her on fb. I know you're not an expert and pretty much in the same situation as me, but if she accepts my request should I message her?

ReputationRep:
    Just added her on fb. I know you're not an expert and pretty much in the same situation as me, but if she accepts my request should I message her?
    I'm defo not an expert. This is the furthest ive ever gotten.
    I would wait 2-3 days before messaging her.
    Thats what i was planning on doing. You come across as a bit desperate if you message her immediately after she accepts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Some Turkish girl on my course, I sat next to her asking where she was from, she said "oh, turkey, why'd you ask?" I said, "oh, you look mediterranean." She said "oh, ok, what about you, where are you from?", I said I was anglo indian. She was like "Oh, nice" then awkward silence, then I said "ok, bye" (cos I had work to do) and she was like "oh, ok bye." We never really spoke after that.
    You got to speak to her. So i guess youre happy about that. The awkward silence sucks though.
    Do you still see her around at all?

ReputationRep:
    You got to speak to her. So i guess youre happy about that. The awkward silence sucks though.
    Do you still see her around at all?
    Nah, this was on a college course I finished 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, this was on a college course I finished 2 years ago.
    Oh right, fair enough.
    You met anyone else since?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, fair enough.
    You met anyone else since?
    There's a girl down my church but some guy I know is already trying to get her I think.

You're being strangely nice and helpful, lol.

Oh, you're helping everyone in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    She screamed and asked me what I was doing in her closet.

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl down my church but some guy I know is already trying to get her I think.

You're being strangely nice and helpful, lol.

Oh, you're helping everyone in this thread.
    Oh ok then.

Thanks. Its rare that people say that to me.

Just trying to be nice. Im interested in peoples experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Ghoul)
    She screamed and asked me what I was doing in her closet.
    Hmmm. Thats an interesting development.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok then.

Thanks. Its rare that people say that to me.

Just trying to be nice. Im interested in peoples experiences.
    Oh no, I'm not being rude. Just saying you're really being nice to people you don't know on the web.

You wanna help me, go ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, I'm not being rude. Just saying you're really being nice to people you don't know on the web.

You wanna help me, go ahead.
    Oh ok I got the wrong idea there. Sorry.
    I've been feeling happy recently. Just enjoying helping people.

I'll try (I'm really not an expert at this).
    Are you friends with the girl at church?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.