Turn on thread page Beta

Feminism really cares about the big issues watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/n...bd1-1458163311

Women are actually oppressed in some countries who cares that light depicts a man I demand gender equality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)

Women are actually oppressed in some countries who cares that light depicts a man I demand gender equality
    Modern day feminism is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    What a waste of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. Wouldn't it be easier to just remove stick figures all together and put a green 'WALK' or something along that line?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Lmao. Wouldn't it be easier to just remove stick figures all together and put a green 'WALK' or something along that line?
    Not everyone can read English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can demand all you want but it's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Not everyone can read English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then just make it a green blob?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Then just make it a green blob?
    That doesn't express what it is trying to convey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    Modern day feminism is a joke.
    I was chatting about this with a friend in America on Tuesday she was shocked when she started looking up feminism in the uk compared to the USA.

They are still going after everything equal over there and she said it seems like the women want more than the men in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I was chatting about this with a friend in America on Tuesday she was shocked when she started looking up feminism in the uk compared to the USA.

They are still going after everything equal over there and she said it seems like the women want more than the men in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think your friend is wrong on both sides of the Atlantic they are saying similar things it is just she is removed far enough from the uk to identify it here.

ReputationRep:
    I think your friend is wrong on both sides of the Atlantic they are saying similar things it is just she is removed far enough from the uk to identify it here.
    She just spent 6 months here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a ginormous waste of time and resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feminism, and indeed the regressive left, is so much more rabid and violent in the US. In the UK it's at least still attempting to focus on real issues. In the US it's gone full-out identity politics and strategic passive aggression.

ReputationRep:
    Putting the female figure in a dress!
    THATS SEXIST!!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Not that I'm saying this article in particular is sensible, but the argument you're using ("Person B is suffering more than Person A therefore Person A is not important" is a pretty awful argument and you'll end up getting very hypocritical if you continue to use that logic. I don't think anybody would argue that women are more oppressed in this country than they are in, say, Saudi Arabia but that doesn't mean they haven't got a right to complain and expect change to be made where change needs to occur.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like Mary Poppins.

ReputationRep:
    ...this is why no one takes us seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Not that I'm saying this article in particular is sensible, but the argument you're using ("Person B is suffering more than Person A therefore Person A is not important" is a pretty awful argument and you'll end up getting very hypocritical if you continue to use that logic. I don't think anybody would argue that women are more oppressed in this country than they are in, say, Saudi Arabia but that doesn't mean they haven't got a right to complain and expect change to be made where change needs to occur.
    I think there is a difference between oppressed and facing different problems men have problems as well does that mean men are oppressed?

ReputationRep:
    I was not aware that Feminism was a living entity which was capable of caring and having feelings.

ReputationRep:

Egalitarianism is better than feminism

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.