Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know how to talk to / act around girls? Watch

I was wondering if someone can help me. I was basically home - schooled during secondary school, so I wasn't really able to develop much social skill. Now i'm at university, I still have really bad social skills around girls, which means I can't get any. For example, I met one in a club and we were dancing, but since I had no idea what to say to her, she ended up walking off with her friend. A few weeks later, she wanted to meet me in a club, but I didn't go because I knew my mind would just go blank when I met up with her, and that I wouldn't know what to say / how to act. How can I fix this?

This also goes the same with making friends with guys, I have only been able to form two real friendships with guys, and I think it's because they're foreign so that makes it easier for me for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was wondering if someone can help me. I was basically home - schooled during secondary school, so I wasn't really able to develop much social skill. Now i'm at university, I still have really bad social skills around girls, which means I can't get any. For example, I met one in a club and we were dancing, but since I had no idea what to say to her, she ended up walking off with her friend. A few weeks later, she wanted to meet me in a club, but I didn't go because I knew my mind would just go blank when I met up with her, and that I wouldn't know what to say / how to act. How can I fix this?
    How should you act around women and what should you say to them?

The answer: how you should act around women is be your true self. What you should say to them is whatever is on your mind in that exact moment, and be honest with them that you find them attractive and tell what you're looking for.

Sounds simplistic? If you can grasp the power of what I said, you'll have no problem with women.

You're thinking too much about 'acting a certain way' and finding the 'perfect thing to say' in order for women to be attracted to you, but those things doesn't exist.

It sounds like you also need to build up your inner confidence and self-esteem also.

I teach a philosophy known as the direct approach to meeting and attracting women, which is all about being 100% real and honest with women....no beating around the bush, no acting fake, just being upfront and honest with them to get what you want (which is to either date or hook up with them romantically/sexually).

I have a free ebook all about the direct approach, it will go over the mindset and practical steps you can take to start meeting women immediately with this approach:

http://www.bedirectwithwomen.com/free-direct-ebook.html

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.