Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks, I've just been offered a place on the LD nursing and social work degree and am so happy. This is my first choice and I can't wait. I just wondered if anyone else out there has heard because I'd love done advice on accommodation.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Nikki M.)
    Hi folks, I've just been offered a place on the LD nursing and social work degree and am so happy. This is my first choice and I can't wait. I just wondered if anyone else out there has heard because I'd love done advice on accommodation.

Hey Nikki! Congratulations on your offer we look forward to meeting you in September.

Do you have any specific questions on accommodation that we could help with?

Thanks,
    Laura
    (Official Hallam rep)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
    Hey Nikki! Congratulations on your offer we look forward to meeting you in September.

Do you have any specific questions on accommodation that we could help with?

Thanks,
    Laura
    (Official Hallam rep)
    Hi Laura
    Yes, I'd appreciate some advice. I'm looking at accommodation but would like to be able to take my car to make travelling to placements easier so really need somewhere where I can buy a parking space or where there is on street parking closely. Ideally I'd love an ensuite too. Do you have any advice?
    Thanks
    Nik
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Nikki M.)
    Hi Laura
    Yes, I'd appreciate some advice. I'm looking at accommodation but would like to be able to take my car to make travelling to placements easier so really need somewhere where I can buy a parking space or where there is on street parking closely. Ideally I'd love an ensuite too. Do you have any advice?
    Thanks
    Nik
    Hey Nik,If you have a look at our Accommodation pages online, you can select the 'car parking' option to see which of our properties have car parking provided. We'd suggest this primarily, as its the best option for keeping your car safe. Saying that, car parking spaces aren't guaranteed for everybody but not many people do bring their cars to university.

Alternatively, you could look at private landlords and car parks where you can purchase a car parking space. If you e-mail [email protected] they could provide you with some further details around this, although the contacts they provide won't be affiliated with the university.

Finally, if your accommodation is around the London Road/Bramall Lane area, it may be possible to apply for a parking permit so you can park in residency spaces, but this is something you would need to look into privately online. We don't feel this is the best option, as you will need to walk five minutes or so to find your car and it won't have guaranteed safety.

We hope that helps, but if you have further queries, do contact Accommodation on the e-mail above or call 0114 225 4503.

Thanks,
    Laura
    (Official Hallam rep)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.