Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keeping feet flat whilst squatting... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Oh! I see now you change the subject...
    Do you enjoy trolling? Or are you genuinely that fussed about the fact that I disagreed with your point on squatting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Do you enjoy trolling? Or are you genuinely that fussed about the fact that I disagreed with your point on squatting?
    I am fussed about the fact that you called me dumb!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    id like to think my picture resembles a women lol
    iv done resistence stuff too, and deadlifting, and chin ups/pull ups
    Haha tbf judging by your display pic you look over 20 which I guess makes you a woman It's refreshing to see a girl/woman like you training with a resistance program rather than purely relying on cardio for athletic and aesthetic gains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    I am fussed about the fact that you called me dumb!
    Okay I am sorry for apparently calling you dumb. Happy now?

ReputationRep:
    I am joking! Chill Boy! Your welcome! And Sorry! ANd Thank YoU!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean anything I said in the last post!

ReputationRep:
    The barbell is probably positioned too far forward which is creating a torque, it should be above the middle of your feet when you started and move up and down only, not outside this plane of motion.

Learn to ignore retards

ReputationRep:
    Haha tbf judging by your display pic you look over 20 which I guess makes you a woman It's refreshing to see a girl/woman like you training with a resistance program rather than purely relying on cardio for athletic and aesthetic gains
    Yea defo over 20 haha
    I like resistance stuff I'm not a strong runner so I prefer other stuff like weight and bench presses etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    Learn to ignore retards
    Watch out he'll probs start on you now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    Yea defo over 20 haha
    I like resistance stuff I'm not a strong runner so I prefer other stuff like weight and bench presses etc
    Good stuff

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff

ReputationRep:
    Watch out he'll probs start on you now!
    No, actually I won't! I like panda's. They are Black, White and Asian!!!I also like Guns! You don't need to say sorry, I forgive you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I found I had a similar issue when I started doing powerlifting last summer. You need to find away to shift your weight backwards, as the reason you are shifting onto your toes is that your weight is acting through the front part of your foot/just in front of your foot. Try pushing your bum as far back as possible as you lower into the squat and leaning forward a bit less

ReputationRep:
    *tips fedora

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    I do, I tried the tests at 2:24..
    Those tests don't make sense. "Do a squat" is not a good test for someone who doesn't know how to squat. I tried the second test, and the only reason to do it standing up as opposed to lying down is because it makes it harder to balance. So you're more likely to fail the test and buy whatever nonsense this guy is selling.

Working on it has helped a load of people so it's more than likely to be the reason I'm having issues...it's worth a shot and even if it doesn't improve my squats, I'll have flexible ankles which is always a plus...
    You do what you want to do

ReputationRep:
    Weightlifting shoes or no shoes; regular running shoes are too unstable.

ReputationRep:
    What position is your back in whilst squatting? This used to happen to me at the beginning, but I corrected it by making sure I drive through my heels and most importantly that my spine/back are neutral and not extended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Also as a sort of PSA, everyone who gives advice on this question without actually seeing the lift either in person or at least on video is embarrassing themselves.

Congratulations you read some crap on the internet and now you're parroting it. Must have been very hard.
    Giving some advice on mobility is better than giving no advice At the very least that will improve. But fair point OP should make an account on Sugden and post videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Step one: make a new account without 150 followers

Step two: make this thread again

Step three: read the advice that isn't from complete spackers and people who want to bang you
    Agree.

Sorry to those who are genuine, but most of the advice is from people I've not seen around the Gym forums, interesting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.