• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ThinkPossitive)
    Hi..so I am ill for my exam today. I went to the doctors and got a doctors note...due to vomiting and constantly having to go toilet and diagnosed with a bug. I had a bug like this during last year...and in the same period of time and it lasted about 2 weeks! Problem is I have to had in my evidence within 7 days of missing this exam..but what happens if I miss the next one which is 10 days from today due to not having recovered? Should I say I won't be able to go to that exam either now? or wait and see if I'm better and then tell them it's due to the same reason.
    A doctors note will usually only cover a defined period. Speak to your student office/registry when you hand in your note to find out if one note will cover 2 exams 10 days apart or whether they'll need a different one for the second exam. Different universities have different rules so noone on TSR can tell you exactly how it works for your course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    A doctors note will usually only cover a defined period. Speak to your student office/registry when you hand in your note to find out if one note will cover 2 exams 10 days apart or whether they'll need a different one for the second exam. Different universities have different rules so noone on TSR can tell you exactly how it works for your course.
    at my uni we actually had to hand it in before the exam.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Make your exaimner aware of it asap and give her or the relevant person a copy of the Dr's note. Make them aware it could be ongoing. Do your best in the exam, try and eat soemthing for energy. If in the event you are stil ill for the next exam then you will have to return to the Dr's and get another note. Its also better becayse it confirms th Dr has re-examined you again plus it can make mention of the fact it an ongoing situation and you were ill for the time leading ip to the exam.

See what happens. try your best. its all straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancatpro)
    What?

If you get sleep paralysis on the morning of the exam then that isn't possible.

I think you have misunderstood that rule or you're ********ting
    Sleep Paralysis only lasts a few seconds although it seems like ages for me.

just checked it was decide if your fit to study before so you can't sit the exam then ask for extenuating circumstances.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    at my uni we actually had to hand it in before the exam.
    Most universities will have different rules for notification before and after the exam...a lot will expect a phone call or email notification prior to an exam even if the evidence comes later.

mitigating circumstances are one of the few exceptions to the saying "it's better to seek forgiveness than permission"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dancatpro)
    That was just an example and sleep paralysis can be much longer than a few seconds.
    how long does it last for you?

ReputationRep:
    Just think positive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.