Turn on thread page Beta

A New Islamic Perspective on Evolution... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    chemting

Lol, nice 'essay'. I'll check it out later.
    I'm awful at writing essays - this has been a problem for me since high school

ReputationRep:

1. No because [insert "life is a test argument"]. Also, when you say reject the science of this, it means to believe in the miracle of the creation of man. A miracle can be seen as an inconsistency which goes against laws and boundaries in a cosmos of consistencies, which are the laws of physics. In this case, the rest of life following evolution is the consistency. So, if a miracle is an irregularity, which only happens rarely (otherwise it won't be a miracle), can still mean a person believes in the laws science. When I drop a ball, I still value science enough to be 99.99...% sure it falls to the ground. Hence, we can still value science as (pretty) much as an atheist.
    2. What do scientists describe what humans are? They themselves must have come to a conclusion of there being a "first" homo sapiens which have a genetic arrangement identical to us. This first homosapien was Adam. The organism before him in the chain would have a slightly different mutation to not be recognised as our species.
    1a so life is a test and God is a deceitful test master, actively setting things up to trick its participants, like an aqa giving physics students a list of incorrect physical constants that are just close but not identical to real values and then marking answers as wrong if they use said constants

1b I think you have misunderstood my point. Your position is one that is unfalsifiable God created humanity to look like they evolved and set up a universe in which they would have a evolved but just before they would have evolved he miraculously created them. To take that world view requires you to position religion above science but to accept science in certain cases, what criteria is used to conclude when religion requires reinterpretation or when science requires ignoring. And doesn't this introduce a dangerous view of science into society one that will eventually infect the scientific community. Requiring scientific discovery and thinking to fit with both scientific standards and religious standards will lead to scientists being socially obliged to take unscientific view points, will discourage and pevert scientific research and debate and so on and so forth

2 there is no real cemented definition of a species. A pretty simple one for organisms like us would be able to breed to produce fertile off Spring. If that standard is taken then Adam and Eve would require a couple hundred thousand to prevent exctinctuon debt as well as explain how we have level of diversity unexplained by being the off Spring of two recent humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinduRubbin)
    LOL Islamics.
    This was the most "logical, argumentative and critical thought" yet. Give this guy a Nobel Prize!
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Nice to know the rest makes sense.
    Your question is referring more to the cosmos than biology. Many scientists who are atheists believe the universe came from nothing (of course there are others like the multiverse). This sounds impossible at first but if time began with the beginning of the universe and the laws of physics follow "time", including "energy cannot be created nor destroyed", then outside the Big Bang there were no laws. So the universe can be created from nothing. I don't believe this by the way.
    So anyways we can apply the same to God. God created the universe. God is outside time. God is in fact, the creator of time and the laws of physics. Hence, God does not need a creator since one definition of God is that he must be eternal (he doesn't have a beginning or end).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And Allah doesn't have cells.
    Okay then you should tell the other religions that they need to get with your program... is it only Islam and the Islamic god that have it correct? or are all the other religions right aswell? Can you agree on this with the Jews? I'm just curious because all of a sudden Islam is taking over the realm of science when it was really Islam that ruined science in the middle east. Before Islam there was Babylon and Jericho and the Mighty Egyptians who were leading the world in science at the time. And then in the early days of Islam 800-1000 AD, the rules weren't strict at all, the Koran was nothing more than a "Spiritual Guideline" it was this era that Islam had it's glory days but then Al-Ghazali went and re-wrote the Koran and messed everything up which is why today when you hear about the Middle East and the Islamic world is it ever anything good? Anything innovative or progressive that's gonna change the world?

Did you know there is a direct correlation between a country's development index and it's percentage of atheists? Best countries (also least religious) in the world are: New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Norway, Australia, Finland, and Switzerland...

What are the worst countries in the world to live in? The ones that follow religion very strictly, mainly the Islamic states but also Christian countries in South America and India

Please Watch:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.