Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I have accepted a placement year in London, and I will be moving there. I am currently at uni in Brighton.

    When I tried to apply for student finance for next year it said I could only apply for up to £1900 or something close.
    I'm on a paid placement and was not expecting full student finance, but I have read somewhere that if living in London on placement you can get £3405?

    My placement does not pay well and I will be struggling to survive with money as I will already be so far in my overdraft having to fund living in London with rent and deposit for a flat. I will be receiving no money from my parents, I haven't done for the previous two years but SFE still gives me money according to what they earn, stupidly.

    Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

    Lucy x
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Ic359

    If your placement is in London, we will assess you on the reduced rate maintenance loan for London. this will be £3487 if it is for a full year and you started after 2012.

    Once the application is completed, if you have not been awarded this, please ask the university to send us confirmation that your placement is inside London.



students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.