Turn on thread page Beta

*****Will I have enough to get into Law somewhere? What Uni's are good for Law? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm currently in 5th year at school studying 3 highers in English, Pe, and Design and Manufacture and also resitting nat 5 maths and chemistry after being lazy in 4th year. They are pretty micky mouse highers but next year I have chosen to take higher chemistry higher maths and higher business management. I am starting to get really confident regarding getting A's in all 3 highers. If I was to get that and get say ABB next year would I get a place in one of scotlands law courses? Realistically I could probably be considered by RG Uni, Glasgow Cali, Dundee, Abertay and also stirling but how fierce is competition? Do all these uni's fill every space? If you have studied or are studying law at any of these universities, how is it?, any sort of insight would really help.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I recently received an unconditional from both Stirling and Dundee to study my LLB (Scots) Law. Stirling and Dundee are both amazing universities, the campus grounds are beautiful. They also have open days so you can meet the staff and current students. I would highly recommend attending a couple, always a great way of gaining information. I'd say there is definitely stiff competition with Stirling as a friend of mine was rejected, yet he has the same qualifications as me. Universities in Glasgow are also pretty hard competition from my personal experience. I applied for law at Cali and Strathclyde and I was rejected. I have chosen Dundee as it seems to have the best reviews and I really enjoyed my visit to the campus.

Go for it and good luck!

:-)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reply I really like the look of Dundee, hope you success May I ask what qualifications you hold?

ReputationRep:
    No problem and thanks!

I left school with 8 Standard Grades and returned to education at college. I have an NC in Social Sciences and an HNC in Legal Services. I hold no highers. I also have work experience as a paralegal. It can really help your application if you volunteer for organisations such as victim support or ask a lawyer for some unpaid work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Impressive Of course you haven't started your course yet but do you know of anyone who has been accepted into a scots law course with 6 Highers or less?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, sorry I do not know anyone else who has been accepted yet. I will keep and eye out for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I hope u the best

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2016
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.