Turn on thread page Beta

Unpleasant person going to uni, should i change? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

This has been on my mind for a long time. The truth is i am a very unpleasant person, or at least that's how people at my college perceive me. I differ from a lot of people in a way that makes me seem bizarre or strange i guess? people have complained about the music i listen to, the things i say, how i act etc. I am a very direct person and i am not scared of offending people when i need to say something. I prefer to be mostly on my own as i am very independent and i HATE having a lot of people around me. Most people slander me because of the things i say but i honestly don't care. I have met more unpleasant people than i can count and now that i look back no people (students) liked/like me.

The topics where i have a bizarre opinion include feminism, white knights and UK as a country. I have a habit in criticizing feminists and men who follow such women, i also have a habit of criticizing UK as a country even tough i am a foreigner. How are unpleasant people treated at Uni? i would like some insight from real life experiences or just beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terminator01)
    Hello,

This has been on my mind for a long time. The truth is i am a very unpleasant person, or at least that's how people at my college perceive me. I differ from a lot of people in a way that makes me seem bizarre or strange i guess? people have complained about the music i listen to, the things i say, how i act etc. I am a very direct person and i am not scared of offending people when i need to say something. I prefer to be mostly on my own as i am very independent and i HATE having a lot of people around me. Most people slander me because of the things i say but i honestly don't care. I have met more unpleasant people than i can count and now that i look back no people (students) liked/like me.

The topics where i have a bizarre opinion include feminism, white knights and UK as a country. I have a habit in criticizing feminists and men who follow such women, i also have a habit of criticizing UK as a country even tough i am a foreigner. How are unpleasant people treated at Uni? i would like some insight from real life experiences or just beliefs.
    Maybe lay off the "I no like uk" whilst your here. Grow a pair of balls and continue with your life. It doesn't matter how people treat you. (It sounds like people treat you, the way you treat others. Karma's a big ol' *****)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mjcal1)
    Maybe lay off the "I no like uk" whilst your here. Grow a pair of balls and continue with your life. It doesn't matter how people treat you. (It sounds like people treat you, the way you treat others. Karma's a big ol' *****)
    I never treat others bad tough. It's just that my views and beliefs differ from most people. It seems that many people can't accept any challenge or abnormality in this society. I always speak the truth as well, which many people don't like.

ReputationRep:
    I never treat others bad tough. It's just that my views and beliefs differ from most people. It seems that many people can't accept any challenge or abnormality in this society. I always speak the truth as well, which many people don't like.
    Your opinions aren't the "truth" though. If you want to be unfiltered that's fine, but don't complain when people don't like you for it.

There are a lot of people at uni, I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

You're fully aware of personal faults and choose not to work on them. Whether you go to uni or not you'll be disliked by those around you if you take pride in how often you offend people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mjcal1)
    Your opinions aren't the "truth" though. If you want to be unfiltered that's fine, but don't complain when people don't like you for it.

There are a lot of people at uni, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Well i hope so. It's not like i crave for human interaction, but having a nice chat once in a while is nice. Again, i am not the average person. I am quite antisocial as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanMcDonald)
    You're fully aware of personal faults and choose not to work on them. Whether you go to uni or not you'll be disliked by those around you if you take pride in how often you offend people.
    I don't want to offend people, i try to be as civil as i can and i do not use swear words btw. People are just too sensitive.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.