Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a journey of self improvement and one of the ways that seems to help me is by confronting and addressing my emotions when something big or even small but distressing/stressful happens straight away instead of repressing or trying to ignore it. Because when I don't address them (something I've been doing for years), I end up having a pile of negative emotions which hit me like a tsunami a few days later and leave me feeling super **** for days in bed. So this thread will be me posting how I feel and what is going on inside my head at the moment
    Spoiler:
    Show
    TheonlyMrsHolmes You should make one of these or you can post in my one :kissing2:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've posted this already on the "How are you feeling right now"? thread a few minutes ago but I'll post it here again just so the thread has some form of start

Main feelings;
    Hungry
    Ill (My throat is hurting/viral infection + my head hurts)
    Stressed

Why am I feeling hungry and ill??
    - Haven't eaten majority of the day
    - Broke out into hives yesterday so spent majority of today in bed
    - The sore throat and sniffles MAY have been caused by an allergy... or I just have a cold

Why am I stressed?
    - My room is a massive pigsty (as my mother keeps reminding me)
    - I have homework due tomorrow at 9am which includes me having to learn an entire topic plus do some practise questions/textbook exercises (normal distribution). However I KNOW I wont be able to wake up tomorrow morning to do it and if I do I'm going to feel super awful and not want to go school BUT I also feel too tired and ill to do it now
    - My exams are SUPER close and I feel so unprepared like majority unprepared

What can I do NOW to help me feel better?? (Be Realistic)
    - I'm going to tidy my room right now
    - I'm going to make some tea cause my appetite for actual food is low
    - I'm going to at least watch the normal distribution exam solution videos so I'm not 100% unprepared tomorrow
    - Need to take ibu-profen for my head and throat
    - I have a massive free tomorrow which I can decide if I want to use doing maybe some more normal distribution practise and also a revision timetable.

(Original post by bluemadhatter)
    x
    go for it all calm and collected :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm super tired and my head hurts and I think I am having "allergies" so all I really want to do is go to bed. I've had my tea which didn't make a difference so I think I'm just going to go into my lesson super unprepared :cry2: but at least I would have gone in which I haven't been doing majority of this term :getmecoat: and even if I spend an hour and 20 minutes being clueless in class, at least I have about 2 hours (free) to make up for that and I can also always watch some normal distribution videos omw to school! I think I AM going to quickly tidy my room now though just so I have achieved at least SOMETHING then...

Sleepy time :moon:

ReputationRep:
    An ocean full of emotion leads to lifetime of devotion without commotion - Margaret Griffiths

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've posted this already on the "How are you feeling right now"? thread a few minutes ago but I'll post it here again just so the thread has some form of start
    Main feelings;
    Hungry
    Ill (My throat is hurting/viral infection + my head hurts)
    Stressed

Why am I feeling hungry and ill??
    - Haven't eaten majority of the day
    - Broke out into hives yesterday so spent majority of today in bed
    - The sore throat and sniffles MAY have been caused by an allergy... or I just have a cold

Why am I stressed?
    - My room is a massive pigsty (as my mother keeps reminding me)
    - I have homework due tomorrow at 9am which includes me having to learn an entire topic plus do some practise questions/textbook exercises (normal distribution). However I KNOW I wont be able to wake up tomorrow morning to do it and if I do I'm going to feel super awful and not want to go school BUT I also feel too tired and ill to do it now
    - My exams are SUPER close and I feel so unprepared like majority unprepared

What can I do NOW to help me feel better?? (Be Realistic)
    - I'm going to tidy my room right now
    - I'm going to make some tea cause my appetite for actual food is low
    - I'm going to at least watch the normal distribution exam solution videos so I'm not 100% unprepared tomorrow
    - Need to take ibu-profen for my head and throat
    - I have a massive free tomorrow which I can decide if I want to use doing maybe some more normal distribution practise and also a revision timetable.
    :kissing2:
    Aw this is a great idea, thanks for the tag :'-)

I think your plan is great, I'm cleaning my room right now too actually
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Go for it beautiful <33
    best of luck :lovehug: xxx

ReputationRep:
    Be careful, the ocean is a deep and dark place full of sharks, dun dun dun *nicks your sandwich* - yeah I bite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Be careful, the ocean is a deep and dark place full of sharks, dun dun dun *nicks your sandwich* - yeah I bite.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck and I wish you all the best!!

X
    Good idea !! Hope it'll help ya :hugs: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck hun. That was beautiful

ReputationRep:
    Main feelings;
    - Guilty
    - Overwhelmed
    - Terrified

Why do I feel like this??

- I feel guilty because I did not go to school today despite going to both my teachers on Tuesday and telling them I WOULD be in and them giving me work to prepare for the next lesson and telling me what I missed. I don't know why I did not go, I guess I didn't feel ready enough and I was also kinda tired although I think I used that as an excuse.

- I also had a horrible dream today where I confronted my teacher about my coursework saying I had not done the final draft and she started screaming at me telling me what the actual hell is wrong with me and that why have I done this again and that she was fed up of giving me chances and being nice to me and all I could do was hide under the table and cry and wish that everything would go away. It was a really overwhelming dream cause my final draft is due tomorrow but my teacher said she would give me more time so in theory I should not be as scared and worried about it but the dream really shook me up.

- I also had like a 2 hour conversation with my mother today discussing various things because she was really stressed and upset and anxious and I honestly do not know how to help her. I tried trying to convince her to get help but its really hard because she has been dealing with various issues for so many years. She is literally at her breaking point and I feel so helpless. It really upsets me that all I can do it watch her and be angry at the way she behaviours sometimes because of said issues. However we are now on speaking good calm terms compared to a couple hours ago where all she could do was scream at how annoyed she was and burst into tears about how much stress I cause her. I am also spending this weekend with her maybe watch a movie or go for a walk. I was meant to see my dad this weekend (was meant to see him last weekend but cancelled) so I feel guilty for missing it a second time.

- I am terrified about how close exams are coming. Its so scary they are so close and I have never felt so unprepared.

What can I do NOW to make me feel better?

- distract myself until 5pm (therapy session which should maybe somehow make me feel better)

ReputationRep:
    Main feelings;
    -Panicky
    -Panicky
    -Panicky
    -Ill
    -Frustrated

Why do I feel like this??

I feel ill cause my illness still has not gone away, I keep coughing like 24/7 and my doctor just told me it would pass >.> So I guess I've got to damn wait.

I am frustrated at how little work I've done over the past few days (by little I mean none) and I am especially angry at myself for missing so many days of school last week and yesterday even though tomorrow is my last day.

I am panicking because I have about 100 things to do (coursework and homework) PLUS exams are coming so soon and I could not be more unprepared and it terrifies me. I am glad I only have to worry about AS and A2 Biology and then classic AS Maths but also AS Psychology. **** okay more than I thought. I do not have any time and I still have not got my mental **** together which does not allow me to get my academic **** together. I am so so so scared. I admit that I do need support and help from someone but I AM too scared to ask. I've always been so adamant to do it on my own and now that I realise that that never works, I'm finding it hard to actually initiate/get the support I DO need. Especially since school finishes tomorrow so I can't really ask teachers and I don't really have any close school friends. I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I feel like crying its such an awful feeling to be so scared and feel so unworthy of help/support from others. I really don't want a repeat of last year or else I will just not want to continue with anything. For me to do well this year, I have to act now and if I don't then its going to be too late. I'm really struggling to kick start this all off and get into revision mode on my own :sad:

What can I do about this??

Honestly at the moment I feel so helpless because I clearly NEED someone else's support to get me out this rut yet I am finding it really difficult to find someone who will do that for me :cry2: I'm know 2 people who I can maybe ask even if it means using them for a little while and hopefully one of them will say yes but then again it still feels like I'm asking for a massive favour and its just urgh all wrong. Idk idk...

ReputationRep:
    Main feelings;
    -Anxious
    -Confused
    -Slightly determined
    -Emotionally exhausted

Why do I feel this way??

-I feel really anxious because I am getting to a lot of new situations and I can see the change in myself and its just a little scary. I know its 100% for the best and I should embrace it but its so hard to not be anxious when you have been stuck in the same way for so many years and then you are suddenly pulled out of your comfort zone.

-I am extremely confused. There are a few good things that have happened in the past week and for some reason I am unable to accept them as good. For example I finished my coursework today :party: - something that has caused me so much stress since like November and its finally over. I feel like I should feel really happy and proud of myself but instead I just feel really "blegh" like it was no big deal and I also feel really emotionally exhausted. I was really looking forward to the moment I would email my final draft and when it arrived, I just felt really tired.

- I AM slightly determined. I know I am slowly improving myself and I am going to start my revision timetable this morning after a few hours of sleep since I finished coursework way later than planned. But I do have a slight positive vibe that I WILL successfully study tomro and it will be a good day!

How can I deal with this??

-In regards to the emotionally exhausted part, I am going out tomro with someone (after the studying) and hopefully that will de-stress me and allow me to go home in a better mood.
    - I am also seeing my therapist on Friday which will also hopefully make me feel better about the anxious part.

ReputationRep:
    I AM FEEL EXTREMELY HAPPY I THINK I'M GONNA CRY :cry2:

My internet parents sent ME A LION (they're my favourite ANIMALS) and a cute memo pad set with ADORABLE PENS and little penguin things!!

THEY LIVE IN AMERICA SO ITS LIKE SUPER EARLY THERE ATM AND I CANT SKYPE THEM AND HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY GET ONLINE AND OMG I'M JUST SOOOO OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW.

I woke up feeling extremely emotionally exhausted and stressed and now I can't stop smiling

ReputationRep:
    terrified that i dont have enough time to do all my revision for my exams but still slightly motivated/determined.

now or never *****es... now or never

ReputationRep:
    terrified that i dont have enough time to do all my revision for my exams but still slightly motivated/determined.

Now or never *****es... Now or never
    yaassssss!

ReputationRep:
    I feel really rejected and out of place from everyone... family, friends, school just everyone :/

I don't feel in the slightest motivated to do work either which just adds more stress

ReputationRep:
    I feel really rejected and out of place from everyone... family, friends, school just everyone :/

I don't feel in the slightest motivated to do work either which just adds more stress
    :console: You always have me!

(But you don't have me right now as I've lost my stupid charger )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.