lydiaws
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I'm sitting the AS level exam for this syllabus. This is the first year of this specification.
If anyone wants to share revision tips, past paper type questions (as there's no past papers on the OCR website) and general help with the books/plays.
I'm studying A Streetcar Names Desire, The Great Gatsby, Hamlet and The Merchant's Tale.
georgielangler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, yeah I'm doing the new OCR spec too. I'm studying Gatsby and Streecar as well. How are you revising??
lydiaws
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by georgielangler)
Hi, yeah I'm doing the new OCR spec too. I'm studying Gatsby and Streecar as well. How are you revising??
Hi, for Gatsby I'm rereading the book and making a list of key quotations and for Streetcar I'm not sure how to revise.What about you?
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys I am doing the same syllabus as you guys.
lau180
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am doing Hamlet, Streetcar, 1984 and Rosetti for Poetry. For Hamlet I am doing notecards for each theme (eg. violence, truth, politics) with all the A0's on them if that makes sense. For streetcar just doing key quotes and looking at stage directions etc and context.
bluesandgreens
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey
I am doing rossetti street car gatsby and measure for measure
Who's ready for the exam? it would be great if we perhaps posted some practice essays we did in class - apparently annotating another persons essay is a really good way to revise!
sophietish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'm also doing this course, I'm studying Hamlet, The Great Gatsby, The History Boys and Rossetti poetry, for revising Hamlet I'm just outlining the play (I've done a timeline of each act) and then finding key quotes and any critical interpretations I can add. Does anyone have any tips for revising Rossetti because I'm struggling to revise that? Also i'm happy to send my essays but they're probably not very good!
georgielangler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bluesandgreens)
Hey
I am doing rossetti street car gatsby and measure for measure
Who's ready for the exam? it would be great if we perhaps posted some practice essays we did in class - apparently annotating another persons essay is a really good way to revise!
I'm doing exactly the same! How many quotes are you remembering for measure for measure? And have you been told you need to remember quotes from critics?
georgielangler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any predictions for the questions on Friday? Those who are doing Rossetti, do you think Goblin Market will come up?
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lydiaws)
Hi I'm sitting the AS level exam for this syllabus. This is the first year of this specification.
If anyone wants to share revision tips, past paper type questions (as there's no past papers on the OCR website) and general help with the books/plays.
I'm studying A Streetcar Names Desire, The Great Gatsby, Hamlet and The Merchant's Tale.
Predicting a question on Justinus in the Merchant's Tale regarding his advice to Januarie and how Januarie ignores it foreshadowing the infidelity between May and Damyan.
EmileeR
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
how are you revising for poetry? alsoooooo predictions for hamlet???
Natashja
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EmileeR)
how are you revising for poetry? alsoooooo predictions for hamlet???
I am doing Hamlet as well !! What reviison have you done today I watched the David Tennant Hamlet production which is good for critics
EmileeR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Natashja)
I am doing Hamlet as well !! What reviison have you done today I watched the David Tennant Hamlet production which is good for critics

character profiles, themes and think i just need to go over key quotes and critics. My literature teacher hasn't said anything to us about critics....
are you doing rosetti?
WilliamJFA
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any revision resources for Christina Rossetti as im not as strong on it as i'd like to be
EmileeR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WilliamJFA)
Any revision resources for Christina Rossetti as im not as strong on it as i'd like to be
ME TOO, haven't done any revision for poetry ;(
Ruqayah_x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Measure for measure and Rossetti for Poetry.
For prose, Jerusalem and The Reluctant Fundamentalist.
ANY PREDICTIONS FOR TOMORROW??
Natashja
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
character profiles, themes and think i just need to go over key quotes and critics. My literature teacher hasn't said anything to us about critics....
are you doing rosetti?
I think if your OCR critics is 20% or thats what i have heard. I am just revising 5 quotes just incase by critics. Watching the movie really helps to learn quotes especially as they hardly deviate from the script !!
benj1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ME TOO, haven't done any revision for poetry ;(
Same does anyone have any key quotes/critics/context etc, and also is it risky to not revise certain poems?
I plan to revise Remember/Echo/Song/Birthday/Twice,Roundtower/UpHill/John and maybe Goblin market...

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmileeR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by benj1999)
Same does anyone have any key quotes/critics/context etc, and also is it risky to not revise certain poems?
I plan to revise Remember/Echo/Song/Birthday/Twice,Roundtower/UpHill/John and maybe Goblin market...

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont have time to learn all the poems I'm just gonna learn the techniques in each poem and any themes ;((( do we need critics for poetry too? :afraid:
student272727
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hamlet, Merchants tale, 1984 and Jerusalem here. Feeling alright about Hamlet but not so much about Merchants Tale.. for Hamlet I think the most important thing is knowing quotes and knowing how you're going to analyse some key moments that could be applied to a range of things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (148)
30.77%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.37%
Take a year out (84)
17.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed