Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can an ugly girl live happily ever after? Watch

Because I'm disgusted by myself. I'll never get the chance to be happy. No guy has ever cared about me, even as a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you have to define your happiness and self worth on what other people think of you?
    Do you not have any personal goals or ambitions?

ReputationRep:
    And look around you most people are not attractive and yet most people manage to get in a relationship at some point in time

Dw youll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Please speak to someone about how you're feeling, I can assure you you're not ugly, no one is and every one has the right and power to achieve happiness. If you're bulimic, please speak to your gp and your family, they'll be able to help you with the right advice and guidance. Many people are in the exact same position but this is purely an issue of low self esteem which you can overcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Please speak to someone about how you're feeling, I can assure you you're not ugly, no one is and every one has the right and power to achieve happiness. If you're bulimic, please speak to your gp and your family, they'll be able to help you with the right advice and guidance. Many people are in the exact same position but this is purely an issue of low self esteem which you can overcome!
    I second this.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know you're ugly?

(Original post by BhagwanNoBhool)
    Why do you have to define your happiness and self worth on what other people think of you?
    Yeah other people have been nasty to me and I can't take it anymore I can't be happy with people doing this all the time. I did have ambition but I keep failing uni and I'm about to run out of chances.

ReputationRep:
    According to whom are you ugly? Just because you don't really get attention from guys doesn't mean you are ugly. Don't call yourself ugly based off some bull**** standards created by someone else. You have to know that, that is THEIR opinion. The world is a huge place, to some standards you may be absolutely gorgeous. As for intimacy and relationships, it can happen. You sound young, so you can't really say that 'no one really gives me any attention'. I used to think of myself as ugly before I realised, 'what is the basis of that opinion?', and it was standards and ideals of the surroundings I was in. That doesn't make me ugly, average or pretty. Beauty is all subjective and based on preferences. You are not ugly xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah other people have been nasty to me and I can't take it anymore I can't be happy with people doing this all the time. I did have ambition but I keep failing uni and I'm about to run out of chances.
    What's happening at uni? Are you falling behind or have you not adjusted to uni life?
    What is your ambition?

ReputationRep:
    I just stick my head in the toilet and throw up because I'm disgusted by myself. I'll never get the chance to be happy. No guy has ever cared about me, even as a friend. I don't have much hope I think I should just end this.
    No girl is ugly...just have a little confidence you just got to wait for Mr Right

ReputationRep:
    A lack of a sense of self worth is a huge turn off for guys, anyone even! So please keep your chin up, and remember there are 7000000000+ people on this planet, and at least one of them will have your name written on them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhagwanNoBhool)
    OP what he is trying to say is that focusing on oneself life ambitions and goals is mpre important.

people will always judge, regardless how pretty yeh are etc i.e. slut..

learn to not care about those who dont matter and know when to pretend to care for work.
    I just stick my head in the toilet and throw up because I'm disgusted by myself. I'll never get the chance to be happy. No guy has ever cared about me, even as a friend. I don't have much hope I think I should just end this.
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    agreed...but no matter how ugly yeh are tis bout the human spirit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Not true, rape isn't about sexual attraction, it's about having power over someone else.

According to whom are you ugly? Just because you don't really get attention form guys doesn't mean you are ugly. Don't call yourself ugly based off some bull**** standards created by someone else. You have to know that, that is THEIR opinion. The world is a huge place, to some standards you may be absolutely gorgeous. As for intimacy and relationships, it can happen. You sound young, so you can't really say that 'no one really gives me any attention'. I used to think of myself as ugly before I realised, 'what is the basis of that opinion?', and it was standards and ideals of the surroundings I was in. That doesn't make me ugly, average or pretty. Beauty is all subjective and based on preferences. You are not ugly xxx
    Perfectly said.

OP you are not ugly, trust me even if you feel like you are, there are people who will find you incredibly attractive...
    Do not base you life's worth on guys giving you attention, you are more than that...make a difference in the world...and don't ever try and change yourself to fit others' ideals, you'll realise everyone likes different things and it's just pointless to fall into...

You can definitely live happily ever after :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadez)
    Eww dont stick your head in the toilet

And look around you most people are not attractive and yet most people manage to get in a relationship at some point in time

Dw youll be fine
    This most definitely. I used to think I was the hairest and ugliest girl and that no guy would be interested in me. Even though I have a boyfriend who loves me, I still thought I was ugly and hairy. I was soo depressed. It felt like I was stuck in a room, with no air and all around me there were huge walls. I used to think I was 'abnormal and different'. But when I started looking at other people I noticed that they aren't perfect either. Wrinkles, skin blemishes, hair, etc, all humans have it. The vast majority of human beings are imperfect, and that's what makes us human. So it is human and normal to look differrent and have our own uniqueness. Remember it won't matter if a 1000 think you are beautiful, the only thing that matters is that you think you are beautiful.

Tl;dr: Happiness and confidence is contagious. Happy and Confident people live happily ever after.

ReputationRep:
    There is a sociatal trend I noticed; handsome guys marrying urgly girls and pretty girls marry handsome men. The reasoning being that a handsome guy for instance would obvioulsy have had experience with lots of girls so wouldn't like to go for a pretty wife that other me will disturb.

Well, this story is not to high your hopes. But come to think of it, how many successfully married women and wives of billionnaires are really pretty? Even if few are pretty, I can bet you that their pretty faces didnt earn them either the success in their career or marriage.

So, what's really your reason for throwing up if I may ask?

Success has got less todo with your face n more with your personality! So, save that money for facial make-up and build your personality with it!

ReputationRep:
    Plastic Surgery.

In all seriousness though. Anyone can find happiness. Be yourself, go out and try to socialize. It's better to go out and find 'happiness' than let it find you.

BTW: Everyone is beautiful, you just don't see it yet :smile:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Although you may find it hard to believe your thinking at the moment isnt normal or healthy. the good news is that things are nowhere near as bad as you think and you have every opportunity of finding someone and having an happy successful life. You need to do what Blondie said, accept you have an issue ( self esteem) rather than physical looks and get someone to talk to i.e a counselor or therapist.

Learn to appreciate yourself, be happy and you will soon have other people who will see and like that in you, eventually some of them will be males.

You must talk to someone Childine if you are 18 or under or your GP.
    Lufe can be tough, but honestly you have a great chance if you deal with the issues of overcoming them to be happy.

Forced vomiting sounds like an eating disorder.

The leading charity is BEATS and you cna contact their helpline
    Adult Helpline: 0345 634 1414 or email [email protected]
    The Beat Adult Helpline is open to anyone over 18.
    Youthline: 0345 634 7650 or email [email protected]
    The Beat Youthline is open to anyone under 25. Parents, teachers or any concerned adults should call the adult helpline.
    Confidentiality
    Confidentiality is fundamental to Beat’s services. However, there are some exceptional circumstances where we may pass on information, for example:
    • We suspect a child may be at risk from harm
    • A caller is at serious risk of harm, either from themselves or others
    • A caller threatens or abuses our staff
    How we can help
    If you call our Helpline you will speak to a trained support worker experienced in listening and talking to people in a similar situation to you. We know it can be difficult to reach out for help and talk about what you are feeling and going through, but we aim to provide a supportive, non-judgemental space.

Our helpline support workers are trained to:
    • Offer a supportive space for you to explore your feelings and thoughts around eating disorders.
    • Provide information about eating disorders. When we do not have the information that someone is looking for, we might be able to give you some ideas about who might be able to help.
    • Explore options for help with eating disorders and to enable you to come to your own decisions about what might be best for you.
      This might include NHS treatment, private therapy, support from charitable organisations, peer support or self-help.
      https://www.b-eat.co.uk/support-serv...plinenisations,
    self esteem
    http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/mentalhea...lf-esteem.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    lol you clearly know nothing about guys. Lots of guys look for girls with low self-esteem to shag/date because they're easier to seduce and control.

ugly and hairy?....why not just shave the hair off and wear makeup?
    In any case, those aren't the type of guys she wants. (In all likelihood)
    You've perfectly epitomised the difference between a 'man' and a 'boy'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.