Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys!

I'm going to study architecture (undergraduate) but I can't really decide where. Should I go to the Westminster or is it the Greenwich that might be a better choice? I've recieved an offer from both. I think that Westminster might be slightly better to study architecture and I've heard they have a nice workshops and well equipped facilities out there. On the other hand, I really like the atmosphere of Greenwich and its campus looks really promising. What do you think guys? Have you studied/are you studying at one of those? Is there anything I should know about those two? I will be extremely grateful for every single advice. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Westminster has better reputation I think.

ReputationRep:
    I studied undergrad at greenwich and am currently at Westminster for part 2. I think the studios and workshop are better at Westminster.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I have a similar problem.
    I am a brazilian civil engineer coming to LONDON for a master in construction/project management, however, only Westminster, South Bank, Greenwich, GCU london and UCL provide these courses accredited by RICS. Apart to UCl, all the another universities seem to not be a really good ones, however, they are the only one in London. Would you guys to tell me wich one could even be considered the best if it is possible?

ReputationRep:
    hey, I also have offers for part 2 at both Westminster and Greenwich. Did you study at Greenwich in a new building?

ReputationRep:
    Why not consider some of the better schools outside London and save yourself some money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farchitect)
    Why not consider some of the better schools outside London and save yourself some money?
    My wife will work in London, if I study outside will be two rents to pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olawa9)
    hey, I also have offers for part 2 at both Westminster and Greenwich. Did you study at Greenwich in a new building?
    I studied in the old building but have been to the new building many times. The new studios are an improvement but there isn't really a studio culture in Greenwich at all, where there is at Westminster. It depends how you like working but if you want to be studio based I would definitely suggest Westminster. The fabrication lab is also pretty good (CNC's, 8 axis robot etc). Greenwich has some good tutors though
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Maciekw

The choice of what University to go to is really up to you because everyone looks for different things within a University. Greenwich is in a great location and the new Stockwell Street building is where you will be based. The facilities for this programme have improved and the student satisfaction for receiving advice and support with their studies for this course is 97%.

Why don't you check out the Architecture blog and have a look at previous student's work, here: http://blogs.gre.ac.uk/architecture/degree/

Also, I would advise visiting both Universities to have a look at their facilities and talk to current students to see what they think about the programme and the University itself.

Like I said, it is a really individual decision and I cannot comment on the life at Westminster, but maybe you could make a pros and cons list for each University to help you decide

If you do have any questions about the University of Greenwich then just let us know.

Laura

(Original post by Maciekw)
    Hi there guys!

I'm going to study architecture (undergraduate) but I can't really decide where. Should I go to the Westminster or is it the Greenwich that might be a better choice? I've recieved an offer from both. I think that Westminster might be slightly better to study architecture and I've heard they have a nice workshops and well equipped facilities out there. On the other hand, I really like the atmosphere of Greenwich and its campus looks really promising. What do you think guys? Have you studied/are you studying at one of those? Is there anything I should know about those two? I will be extremely grateful for every single advice. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    go for Westminster I go to Greenwich and its rubbish

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.