The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons

So here's my story. I started university in 2014 and did a foundation year. I passed that and then started on the first year of my degree in September 2015. Just after Christmas I was diagnosed with severe depression which I informed uni about.This meant I could not sit my exams and since uni knew what had happened they marked them as non assessed so I could take them in the summer. I am currently taking medication for my depression. I agreed with uni that I would try and carry on with second semester as normal but it got too much and I haven't attended uni in 5 weeks. My department told me that with everything that has happened I need time to get better and have told me that taking a leave of absence would be the best thing so I can return in September and retake my first year.

Are these circumstances enough for sfe to approve my application for CPR? My department at uni have agreed to write a letter as evidence to help support my application. Would that along with a letter from my GP be enough?
(edited 8 years ago)
CPR is awarded on a case by case basis, and there is not exhaustive list and any evidence you feel can support your claim should be sent to SFE.

The more evidence that you provide, the easier it is for the successor at SFE to build a case. Without seeing your supporting medical evidence in front of us, it is very difficult to advise if the application would be successful, but it's certainly worth your while making an application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending