Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks
    I'm taking this course next year; i'm just wondering about the practical part. I'll be sitting it in June 2017, and I do want to achieve good grades like everyone else. I looked at the sample papers and things, and it isn't that hard. However, do I need to bring my own computer; my own treasury tag, or whatever else they need? Do they have computers there, and whatever else they need?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have thought they would allow you to use your own computer - the centre you go to take the exam should provide everything required - a quiet room with an invigilator, a computer and printer, test files etc. I would recommend though that you find out what version of Office they are using so you are familiar with the software E.g. charts in Excel is different in 2013 compared to 2010. There will be a one week slot in May when the exam can be scheduled and it is 3 hours long.

Make sure when you do practice papers that you check the mark schemes very carefully. They are very picky - if you are adding text as a title for example, make sure you type it EXACTLY as given (capitals / lower case, no spelling mistakes etc.). I wouldn't bother learning complex web design software - for the complexity of questions on these papers, Powerpoint is adequate and can do everything you need. Similarly for the art and graphics part, you can do everything you need in Paint or Powerpoint.

Hope this helps a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Very good, many thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.