Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend ended things because she's lost, what do I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend ended things last night because she's lost in herself. She's training to be a paramedic and it's all getting to her, she's worried that the extra pressure of being in a relationship is making it harder and thinks it's best to be apart. I think it hurts her as much as it does me as she was crying on the phone last night and I've never known her to cry!

I can't hate her for thinking about her own mental health and I still love her regardless. I'm willing to wait for her as I can't imagine my life without her but what do I do with myself now? She was my first love and I just don't know what to do! We still have to work together for another month and all I want to do it just cuddle her and have her make me feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that you're still going to be in close contact for a while, isn't likely to help matters. I'd suggest having a chat with her about how both of you should approach this next month of working together.

Either talk through your issues, fix everything and get back together; agree that both of you do not want to get back together for the time being, but would still like to carry on talking as temporary friends (or alternatively, keep out of each other's way temporarily); or agree that you never want to get back together again, and vow never to speak to each other again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    The fact that you're still going to be in close contact for a while, isn't likely to help matters. I'd suggest having a chat with her about how both of you should approach this next month of working together.

Either talk through your issues, fix everything and get back together; agree that both of you do not want to get back together for the time being, but would still like to carry on talking as temporary friends (or alternatively, keep out of each other's way temporarily); or agree that you never want to get back together again, and vow never to speak to each other again.
    If I'm honest, I don't think we really have any issues it's simply that she has a lot going on and I don't think I can leave her, I just want to help her!
    I think the friends thing is going to have to be the way to go! Lesser of two evils, I suppose!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by KMLeeson)
    If I'm honest, I don't think we really have any issues it's simply that she has a lot going on and I don't think I can leave her, I just want to help her!
    I think the friends thing is going to have to be the way to go! Lesser of two evils, I suppose!
    Glad to have helped in some way

ReputationRep:
    i think the best thing you can do is respect her wishes and just be a really good friend to her atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    My girlfriend ended things last night because she's lost in herself. She's training to be a paramedic and it's all getting to her, she's worried that the extra pressure of being in a relationship is making it harder and thinks it's best to be apart. I think it hurts her as much as it does me as she was crying on the phone last night and I've never known her to cry!

I can't hate her for thinking about her own mental health and I still love her regardless. I'm willing to wait for her as I can't imagine my life without her but what do I do with myself now? She was my first love and I just don't know what to do! We still have to work together for another month and all I want to do it just cuddle her and have her make me feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As difficult as it may seem, it's likely that your gf is just trying to spare your feelings and doesn't want you to get hurt by her issues, it's not a nice situation to be in and you do sound like a good couple but it is probably best to give her some space and let her know that while you're not together, you're still going to be there for her to support her. You may well get back together in the future, but for now I think you both need to focus on yourselves individually while remaining supportive of the other

ReputationRep:
    Find her, I'm not being facetious. Help her find herself.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    One of the excuses my ex made that she was lost, I would just cut her off completely for a while.

ReputationRep:
    That's sad really, when you've done nothing wrong. Make it clear to her that she doesn't have to "commit" to the relationship a 100%, i.e. going out every weekend, if she's busy, and that you're totally fine with it. Explain to her that you're there for her not against her.

ReputationRep:
    Time and space.
    Cut off contact.
    Do not be friends.

You need to give her time to miss you and also time to sort out whatever it is that is going on in your life. She may never want to enter a relationship with you again, but by removing herself from your life you at least give her opportunity to think about how much you meant to her.

Being friends is bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    Get a map, circle the outside of your house and then throw it at her when you push her out.

ReputationRep:
    what girl on girl action have you done?

maybe she was uncomfortable

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.