Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Happy St Patrick's Day! Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Green has always been symbolic for Ireland. When it comes to the flag the Green stands for nationalism, orange for unionism and white for peace between the two
    I see. And because the bishop Patrick was an Irish, the green is the colour of his day. Thanks for information. So, although it is celebrated in another countries too (as in America), St.Patrick's day is a national day if the Irish, right?

ReputationRep:
    My ever so lovely (read horrible selfish prat) neighbours already started drinking and partying for st patricks day a few hours ago...I very much look forward to being kept up all night and the being woken up in the morning to the sound of them vomiting as with every time they go out.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I see. And because the bishop Patrick was an Irish, the green is the colour of his day. Thanks for information. So, although it is celebrated in another countries too (as in America), St.Patrick's day is a national day if the Irish, right?
    Patrick actually wasn't irish. He was a slave boy in Ireland. We're actually not really sure where he came from. Probably Gaul.

Yeah, it's a bank holiday in Ireland. It's our wee national holiday.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    My ever so lovely (read horrible selfish prat) neighbours already started drinking and partying for st patricks day a few hours ago...I very much look forward to being kept up all night and the being woken up in the morning to the sound of them vomiting as with every time they go out.
    On behalf of Ireland and Irish people, I apologise. People like that are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    On behalf of Ireland and Irish people, I apologise. People like that are idiots.
    haha thanks. Though gotten pretty used to their behaviour, it's any excuse to party with them.

****'s sake, Soph. Just move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    ****'s sake, Soph. Just move.
    Ever heard of a contract?

Ever heard of a contract?
    What, and there's absolutely no way you can come out of it early?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    What, and there's absolutely no way you can come out of it early?
    nope, not without finding someone to replace me in my contract...which at this time of year is just not going to happen not to mention I'd also then have to find somewhere to live in a short period of time at a reasonable price and for a very short tenancy duration. All while revising and stressing over up coming exams.

If you get to the logistics of it "just move" is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    nope, not without finding someone to replace me in my contract...which at this time of year is just not going to happen not to mention I'd also then have to find somewhere to live in a short period of time at a reasonable price and for a very short tenancy duration. All while revising and stressing over up coming exams.

If you get to the logistics of it "just move" is stupid.
    But he wasn't to know that, was he? :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    But he wasn't to know that, was he? :|
    It's pretty much common knowledge that you can't just get out of a tenancy agreement without finding someone to replace you on it.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty much common knowledge that you can't just get out of a tenancy agreement without finding someone to replace you on it.
    Err, no.....it isn't. There are numerous types of tenancy agreements, and the types that exist in Scotland, the relative terms and conditions associated can and do differ from England.

ReputationRep:
    Err, no.....it isn't. There are numerous types of tenancy agreements, and the types that exist in Scotland, the relative terms and conditions associated can and do differ from England.
    well I'm not in Scotland and that user has spoken to me numerous times and knows I live in Liverpool, so why bring Scotland into this?

If you don't like my posts ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    well I'm not in Scotland and that user has spoken to me numerous times and knows I live in Liverpool, so why bring Scotland into this?

If you don't like my posts ignore them.
    No, but even in England, there is substantial variations with the law, and tenancy agreements, so your assertion that its "common knowledge" is incorrect. Thats all.

Your not a mod, so I am entirely free to do as I please, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    No, but even in England, there is substantial variations with the law, and tenancy agreements, so your assertion that its "common knowledge" is incorrect. Thats all.

Your not a mod, so I am entirely free to do as I please, thanks.
    sure buddy.

As am I.

ReputationRep:
    sure buddy.

As am I.
    And if you harass people, bully them etc, expect consequences. Its that simple.

ReputationRep:
    And if you harass people, bully them etc, expect consequences. Its that simple.
    Yes because I have clearly done that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I have clearly done that. :rolleyes:
    Well, telling someone that they quote:

"People like you give disabled people a bad name over a hissy fit like this"

definitely qualifies imo.

Picking a fight over someone's dieting beliefs, qualifies. Insulting them about it, qualifies.

ReputationRep:
    Today is the 17th March, so....

Happy St Patrick's Day! :woo:

I refuse to use the leprechaun. Sorry.

If you celebrate it, what are you getting up to today? Are you going to a local parade? If you're away from Ireland like me, what are you up to?

I have class today, but I'm wearing my Ireland rugby top. I hope to avoid the terrible fake Irish accents going around campus.
    I'm not a ****ing irish so I do not celebrate it.
    And I am an atheist, I do not believe in "saints".

ReputationRep:
    Well, telling someone that they quote:

"People like you give disabled people a bad name over a hissy fit like this"

definitely qualifies imo.
    Seriously?

I meant every word of it, your attitude in that thread was appalling.

Anyway that was months ago, why are you even bringing that up on this thread?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.