Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you use TSR? Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    Morning y'all. Questions of the day...

How do you use TSR on your desktop computer? And why?

How do you use TSR on your mobile? And why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)

TBH, I use it just to see, other peoples problems and how others solve it. Whenever I'm in school during free study periods I sometimes like to reply to threads like this one. I also want to see university advice before I go in 3 years time, so I am practically a expert on it :smile:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I guess mostly the same way, apart from a few differences.

If I'm doing revision and if TSR were on in the background, then it'd be on my computer rather than my phone.

And I don't type out long replies to PMs or threads on my phone.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I have TSR on a tab on one of my Desktop screens whilst I do other stuff. Then I come back to it during breaks.

I post frequently and try to give advice around the site. I PM a fair few people but the TSRians I know, I tend to speak to off-site.

On my mobile, I don't choose to post on TSR much but rely on push notifications from Tapatalk. I either reply on the app or I go across to my PC.
    (Original post by Student403)
    I think almost everyone can relate to the infamous "TSR tab" open at all times
    TSR needs to get on the chrome notification hype so I don't have to click across.

Dez captainjack

ReputationRep:
    I think almost everyone can relate to the infamous "TSR tab" open at all times
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I use it because I'm addicted... (Yeh...!) I can't nkt log on every single bloody day!! not so much for study help/those resources.

Use it on mobile through safari browser because the app is so damn ****.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I oscillate between posting a lot due to boredom and only really coming on to check PMs and catch up with old "friends". The last few months have been more the former than the latter, unfortunately. Much of my use can be explained by calling this a bad habit. I don't always have a tab open but in general will check intermittently for PMs and quotes and such.

I almost never do. I occasionally reply to PMs but essentially never post. I don't like the app very much and can never be bothered to log in on the net.

ReputationRep:
    I use TSR on my laptop. My phone is really old, and doesn't have Internet or apps or whatever, so that pretty much rules out using it on my phone

I keep TSR open in a tab whenever I'm on my laptop, so that I can check it easily. I mainly use it to answer other user's threads, which I enjoy doing, however I don't tend to make threads myself. I also use the private messaging feature quite a bit
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mostly on my phone because I'm too poor for a laptop atm ahaha

But I use it to mainly give advice, chat, and help out with uni stuff. It's quite tough having to write out long replies on my phone, I think it's worth the pain though.

The main thing that irks me is that the app keeps randomly crashing when I scroll down through threads. Also, I switch between the mobile app and mobile site to see if I have notifications - also annoys me a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Phone or nothing, who has time to go on here at home?? Not me!

Later losers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand the meaning of this at all. I think it's already quite plainly obvious how and why I use a computer or a mobile phone to access TSR.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Chrome on my PC as it's the only browser that works well with my font extensions and its easy to keep the TSR website zoomed.
    I do the same on my Iphone but don't attempt to write long replies as it can be a bit laggy.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Very productively! TSR is quite nice to use on a computer, however sometimes things go wrong (CloudFlare page, I'm looking at you… ). Most of the time, it's a breeze. One thing I really dislike is the way that PMs work, they're realllllyyyy slow and the limit is rather annoying

Begrudgingly. I always use the mobile site because the app just… yeah. It's quite responsive but nevertheless I prefer the full experience. I usually just browse with my phone because it's a bit too much effort to type, etc. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I usually just use Chrome on my desktop. I prefer web browsing this way as I find mobiles cumbersome for web browsing and typing long posts or replying to PMs. I'm usually on TSR giving career and study advice and occasionally talk about cars.

ReputationRep:
    Obsessively
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Obsessively
    :five: PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    How do you use TSR on your mobile?
    On my iPhone

And why?
    Because it is dog slow on my Android phone. Someone really needs to look into the performance issues caused when loading the flash adverts and text input boxes.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lustawny)
    I don't understand the meaning of this at all. I think it's already quite plainly obvious how and why I use a computer or a mobile phone to access TSR.
    It's obvious to you, but not to me sitting here in TSR. Everyone uses websites differently and I'm really interested in the detail of how people really use TSR.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Erm well i use it on my little computer and because this is the only place i can get internet

No because ...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have a little brick nokia 106 (don't judge plz :lol:) it is an alarm clock tbh so TSR wouldn't work on it
    do you mean like why we use it? cos i realise my above answers aren't really that helpful
    i use it to pm people mostly because i like talking to people on here who i like and well i'm not that social inrl.

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious to you, but not to me sitting here in TSR. Everyone uses websites differently and I'm really interested in the detail of how people really use TSR.
    Nice reply :yy:

Usually when I'm doing assignments and unfortunately procrastinate Or to reply to a VM as the mobile site takes you to the full site and I have no patience for the countless ads, widgets, flash objects etc. that need to load.

I use the mobile site for everything bar the above, but it's quite **** tbh.
    This gif sums up my experience on the mobile site.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.