Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be unhappy if your partner did this ? Watch

I have been with my partner for 5 years. The last few months something has been bothering me. I am not the jealous type I usually let things go but recently im finding myself getting more and more upset.

My boyfriend is a bit of a gym fanatic, there is a girl who works at the gym who he has become friendly with. They seem to have a chat everytime they are there etc, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. But recently it sounds like shes become a bit flirty with him touching his arms, complimenting him working out. They've not started helping each other work out. I didn't think anything of it because he told me about so just laughed it off. However recently she showed him a video of herself doing "bikini modelling" im not starting to feel a bit upset as I do think shes over stepped the line. I go to the same gym and shes bloody horrible to me she spends most of the time glaring at me or smirking. Not only this but she told my boyfriend she knows I am at uni and I bake cakes (only things you would know if you have looked me up on social media).

I know nothing has happened I trust my boyfriend to bits as if he was hiding something he wouldn't have told me but I am feeling increasingly annoyed at this girl throwing herself at him. It's also affecting me I know compare myself to her constantly shes loud outgoing im quiet and struggle to speak to strangers. Looks wise we could be any different shes short blonde tanned and quite chunky im tall brunette and lanky. I don't know whether to mention to him how I am feeling or if I m just being an over dramatic jealous girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been with my partner for 5 years. The last few months something has been bothering me. I am not the jealous type I usually let things go but recently im finding myself getting more and more upset.

My boyfriend is a bit of a gym fanatic, there is a girl who works at the gym who he has become friendly with. They seem to have a chat everytime they are there etc, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. But recently it sounds like shes become a bit flirty with him touching his arms, complimenting him working out. They've not started helping each other work out. I didn't think anything of it because he told me about so just laughed it off. However recently she showed him a video of herself doing "bikini modelling" im not starting to feel a bit upset as I do think shes over stepped the line. I go to the same gym and shes bloody horrible to me she spends most of the time glaring at me or smirking. Not only this but she told my boyfriend she knows I am at uni and I bake cakes (only things you would know if you have looked me up on social media).

I know nothing has happened I trust my boyfriend to bits as if he was hiding something he wouldn't have told me but I am feeling increasingly annoyed at this girl throwing herself at him. It's also affecting me I know compare myself to her constantly shes loud outgoing im quiet and struggle to speak to strangers. Looks wise we could be any different shes short blonde tanned and quite chunky im tall brunette and lanky. I don't know whether to mention to him how I am feeling or if I m just being an over dramatic jealous girlfriend
    If you feel as if she is stepping the line, then this is something you should discuss with your boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Should ghetto this, Add more weights and hold a knife to her and then force her to back off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Best to let your boyfriend know and discuss it with him. The right thing for him to do would be to stress his commitment to you to her and let her know that she's got nothing on you.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel that this woman is actively moving in on your bf then absolutely you should have a word with him. Blokes can be remarkabley dense about these things and he may not have noticed.

Have a word in regards to it. Youve been together five years, you know him well enough to know how and what to say

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.