Still waiting for application responses!!! Watch

aaaaaa.hhhhhh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I received my IB Diploma last year and took a GAP year. I applied to 5 different universities in Scotland for psychology on UCAS for 2016. I have 3 universities that are still considering my ucas application (Dundee, Stirling, and Glasgow Caledonian). I received an unconditional offer from Abertay back in January for Psychology and Forensic Biology. I got rejected from Heriot watt just yesterday (Psycholgy (Forensic Science)). Is it a bad sign when universities take this long to respond to your application (like with heriot watt)? Should I be expecting rejection letters from the other 3 universities since it is taking so long?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aaaaaa.hhhhhh)
I received my IB Diploma last year and took a GAP year. I applied to 5 different universities in Scotland for psychology on UCAS for 2016. I have 3 universities that are still considering my ucas application (Dundee, Stirling, and Glasgow Caledonian). I received an unconditional offer from Abertay back in January for Psychology and Forensic Biology. I got rejected from Heriot watt just yesterday (Psycholgy (Forensic Science)). Is it a bad sign when universities take this long to respond to your application (like with heriot watt)? Should I be expecting rejection letters from the other 3 universities since it is taking so long?
No, they have until May to make the decision (I think it's the 5th this year) and many of them do take that long, especially in Scotland. A lot of university courses don't start looking at applicants until after Jan 15th, and a lot more will give offers to the dead certs and rejections to the hopeless as soon as they receive them and then sit on those in the middle for a long time to see how the numbers play out before making a decision. No news is just that - no news.
aaaaaa.hhhhhh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
No, they have until May to make the decision (I think it's the 5th this year) and many of them do take that long, especially in Scotland. A lot of university courses don't start looking at applicants until after Jan 15th, and a lot more will give offers to the dead certs and rejections to the hopeless as soon as they receive them and then sit on those in the middle for a long time to see how the numbers play out before making a decision. No news is just that - no news.
Well, that's a relief. I guess I just went into panic mode because the universities I applied to all said that they are trying to reply to every applicant by the 31st of March.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aaaaaa.hhhhhh)
Well, that's a relief. I guess I just went into panic mode because the universities I applied to all said that they are trying to reply to every applicant by the 31st of March.
The key word is try. March 31st is the Ucas guideline. It's not obligatory for them to reply by then, and they certainly don't all do so. My son got his firm offer on May 8th some years ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.24%
No (203)
72.76%

Watched Threads