Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please i've narrowed my choices to these two university could someone help me with pros and cons with both of the universities?

ReputationRep:
    Bath is a pretty campus. Manchester is a great city to be a student in - there are so many students. DOn't know about university accommodation, but for private rented accommodation, Bath is allegedly one of the more expensive places to live. If money is likely to be an issue, maybe check out some accommodation prices.

ReputationRep:
    personal preference both are equally likely to land you a ChemE job.
    I'd choose Bath if it were me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    personal preference both are equally likely to land you a ChemE job.
    I'd choose Bath if it were me.
    What makes you prefer bath more than Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheshiremum)
    Bath is a pretty campus. Manchester is a great city to be a student in - there are so many students. DOn't know about university accommodation, but for private rented accommodation, Bath is allegedly one of the more expensive places to live. If money is likely to be an issue, maybe check out some accommodation prices.
    Thanks for the advice I'll look into the accomadation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheesecake Ali)
    What makes you prefer bath more than Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The university as a whole is focused on engineering I really appreciate that.

Also out of curiosity, are both universities giving you the same offer grade wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    The university as a whole is focused on engineering I really appreciate that.

Also out of curiosity, are both universities giving you the same offer grade wise?
    Yes Bath wants A*AA but A* in chemistry or maths whereas Manchester A*AA in any subjects, the only reason I'm put off by bath is although it seems like such an a amazing university, it requires 5 years with a year industry with a masters whereas in Manchester you get the same thing however within 4 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes Bath wants A*AA but A* in chemistry or maths whereas Manchester A*AA in any subjects, the only reason I'm put off by bath is although it seems like such an a amazing university, it requires 5 years with a year industry with a masters whereas in Manchester you get the same thing however within 4 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly both will give you exactly the same job prospects, if the 5 years thing is a big deal for you go for Manchester, more importantly though go to the one you feel is the correct fit for you 4 years in Manchester will feel like an eternity if you hate it and 5 years in Bath will fly by if you love it and vice versa.

I went to Manchester (for Petroleum Engineering) and absolutely loved it particularly the food and atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    The year in industry is optional!

Sources: I'm a Bath Chem Eng firmer who didn't apply for a year in industry; don't want one. And: http://www.bath.ac.uk/chem-eng/ug/placements/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.