Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    What else should we use except science? Social science should be scientific too.
    Social science should have robust methodology but directly mirroring hard science methodology is not always appropriate and to do so would be limited- there is a reason social science methodologies were developed. But that's a huge other question to get in to a real debate on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    Social science should have robust methodology but directly mirroring hard science methodology is not always appropriate and to do so would be limited- there is a reason social science methodologies were developed. But that's a huge other question to get in to a real debate on
    Indeed it is, but science is a philosophy not a methodology. In particular, the hypothetico-deductive model has been so enormously useful in increasing our understanding of the universe that social science should stick to it, whatever its methodology.

ReputationRep:
    Gender to me is what is between your legs. If ya have a pee wee, you're a boy/man. If ya have a vajayjay, you're a girl/women. I tried reading the "new" definition of what gender is since my forensic packet apparently thinks gender and sex are two complete things and man, was it confusing.

The definition also stated gender is gender roles and self expression. So, does that mean tom boy are actually boys and feminine guy are actually girls? That just opens up too many possibilities and make gender even more complicated.Gender roles are decided by society, but the way your body was made when you were born? Uh... no. Even my psychology teacher stated that.

If a guy happens to be on the feminine side, he's still a dude. Doesn't mean he's xx now and should be treated exactly like a female. If a woman happens to like engage in wrestling and tomboyish, she's still a woman. People are free to do whatever they want and dress whatever but doesn't change the innate.

I'm sorry but the new "definition" of gender just hurts my brain because its like people can just change their gender at any point and switch back? Behavior and sense of identity doesn't change how one's body just is. The doctors didn't assign anyone their sex organs, lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.