Turn on thread page Beta

I wish there actually was a god. watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe then life would have been very different.
    There would be no murdered children,no disease,rape, abuse,injustice, corruption.

But when you open the newspaper, from any country any day it is strinkingly clear there is no god : murdered children,disease,fatal accidents,rape,abuse,injustice.

I once read in a book and it is true that if there is but one mistake in the universe , the existence of a god is a moral impossibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balbazor1)
    There would be no murdered children,no disease,rape, abuse,injustice, corruption.

But when you open the newspaper, from any country any day it is strinkingly clear there is no god : murdered children,disease,fatal accidents,rape,abuse,injustice.

I once read in a book and it is true that if there is but one mistake in the universe , the existence of a god is a moral impossibility.
    Are you a philosopher? If so that ^^ deserves top marks.

In general, religious people believe it's Adam and Eves fault that there is evil in the world due to them taking the choice of eating the fruit in the middle of the garden. Hence why mankind is in severe punishment from God. We are all part of one big team.

ReputationRep:
    Well back in the ancient times, most people believed in God and there was still crimes happening.

Yeah, hypothetically speaking if there was a God with power over everyone and everyone knew that he was there, it'd be interesting to see how the world would be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)

Yeah, hypothetically speaking if there was a God with power over everyone and everyone knew that he was there, it'd be interesting to see how the world would be
    That's called a Dictatorship. See Hitler for more information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fordrin)
    That's called a Dictatorship. See Hitler for more information.
    loooooooooooooool i dont think God would have the same ideology as Hitler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekno)
    loooooooooooooool i dont think God would have the same ideology as Hitler
    Think about it though. God dislikes non-believers, so he would eradicate them. Just like Hitler hated Jews. God would want all to bow down to him and worship him. Hitler made the army swear a vow to him only (not his country). In theory God still wouldn't make himself visible, but heard. He would use his power to communicate. But he would never come out in a physical form.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think the world is a 'better' place because of those things, it's the diversity, chance and will to make our own mistakes that make life worth living and not just slave labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    I actually think the world is a 'better' place because of those things, it's the diversity, chance and will to make our own mistakes that make life worth living and not just slave labour.
    Ther murder of children makes the world a better place?!?!.

You sick ****.

ReputationRep:

You sick ****.
    Definitely, if you ask me the worlds too PC these days

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, if you ask me the worlds too PC these days
    If it was up to me you, and all sick ****s like you would be hanging from their balls.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

You sick ****.
    I thought you were up for a sensible debate, until I saw this post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I thought you were up for a sensible debate, until I saw this post.
    There is a limit to every "sensible debate".

ReputationRep:
    If it was up to me you, and all sick ****s like you would be hanging from their balls.
    Hanging from their balls? You're sick...

You sick ****.
    If bad things didn't happen what would we have to talk about? Conflict and distress are the spices of life. No one is saying that child murder is a good thing. But let's be honest, if things like that didn't happen life wouldn't be worth living. Imagine having nothing to talk/rant about throughout your entire lifetime. It'd be worse than living in the fictitious place called hell!

Besides from the bigger perspective things like that become good things. I'm not saying I like these things by the way. It's just that the overall effect is just one less Homo Sapiens on the planet, so there's slightly more resources available to the rest of us. From an even bigger perspective, nothing changes at all. These things only matter on an individual scale, and even then they only hold emotional significance. The simple fact is that life goes on. Overall the loss of 1 individual means nothing.

Most people can't look past the emotional fog that clouds reality from us, so they grossly overestimate the importance of mundane things. Those who aren't hindered by this hormonal web of lies always appear indifferent to these things but in reality we're just controlling our emotional response so we can keep track of what's important. It doesn't make us sick people or subhuman, if anything it gives us an advantage at times like this.

ReputationRep:

That's 'free will' for you, we are destroying the world and each other by choice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an atheist, but I must say that this is one of the worst justifications for there not being a god ever :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    No one is saying that child murder is a good thing. But let's be honest, if things like that didn't happen life wouldn't be worth living.
    Speak for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shillary)
    Speak for yourself.
    Yes, I think he is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I think he is.
    Evidently false as he is implying that applies to most people.

If he is suggesting that that only applies to himself then that is an even weaker justification for why "child murder" makes life "worth living".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Hanging from their balls? You're sick...

If bad things didn't happen what would we have to talk about? Conflict and distress are the spices of life. No one is saying that child murder is a good thing. But let's be honest, if things like that didn't happen life wouldn't be worth living. Imagine having nothing to talk/rant about throughout your entire lifetime. It'd be worse than living in the fictitious place called hell!

Besides from the bigger perspective things like that become good things. I'm not saying I like these things by the way. It's just that the overall effect is just one less Homo Sapiens on the planet, so there's slightly more resources available to the rest of us. From an even bigger perspective, nothing changes at all. These things only matter on an individual scale, and even then they only hold emotional significance. The simple fact is that life goes on. Overall the loss of 1 individual means nothing.

Most people can't look past the emotional fog that clouds reality from us, so they grossly overestimate the importance of mundane things. Those who aren't hindered by this hormonal web of lies always appear indifferent to these things but in reality we're just controlling our emotional response so we can keep track of what's important. It doesn't make us sick people or subhuman, if anything it gives us an advantage at times like this.
    'Spices of life'?

Paprika and Saffron are the spices of life. Not conflict and distress. I agree with the last paragraph but the first two were silly.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.