The Student Room Group

Man went on shooting spree because he "had all these guns"

An Oregon man said he felt terrible about shooting up his neighbors’ homes for no particular reason.

Steven Scholz was arrested after he intentionally fired his gun multiple times inside his own home Saturday morning, hitting neighboring houses and parked cars, reported KITV-TV.

The 66-year-old Scholz said he didn’t have a particular reason for firing his weapons about 9 a.m. at his house on a cul-de-sac in Oregon City.

“I figured I’d just shoot at random because I had all these guns,” Scholz said from jail.

He said he would not have started shooting if he had realized his neighbors were home.

“Hurting my neighbors is the last thing I want to do,” Scholz said.

“I love them guys, I would lay down my life for them. They have families, I have nothing.”

His next-door neighbor, Deanna Segura, said multiple bullets ripped through her home and one barely missed her son.

Another neighbor, Michelle Sandoval, said she heard at least nine gunshots over 20 minutes, and some of the bullets fired through her daughter’s room, a garage door and her husband’s pickup truck parked outside.

“It was scary because you think you’re safe in your own home and then all of a sudden there’s a shooting, And we didn’t even know where it was coming from at first,” she said.

Police said Scholz fired 20 to 30 rounds through the front and side of his home from the inside.

No injuries were reported in the shooting.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/03/oregon-man-explains-shooting-spree-i-figured-id-just-shoot-at-random-because-i-had-all-these-guns/
Reply 1
Well, this guys a pyscho. He obviously could've went and shot some cans but noooooooooooooooo he instead had to shoot through peoples houses.
Original post by Fordrin
Well, this guys a pyscho. He obviously could've went and shot some cans but noooooooooooooooo he instead had to shoot through peoples houses.

perfect example of if everyone have guns, everyone would be shooting cans instead of people's house.
in b4 he gets released and becomes president of the National Rifle Association
Reply 4
Original post by HucktheForde
The 66-year-old Scholz said he didn’t have a particular reason for firing his weapons about 9 a.m. at his house on a cul-de-sac in Oregon City.

“I figured I’d just shoot at random because I had all these guns,” Scholz said from jail.

His explanation is very reassuring!
Original post by Death Grips
in b4 he gets released and becomes president of the National Rifle Association

he was released.

"
Scholz, who underwent a psychiatric evaluation and treatment for unrelated injuries, said he’s not comfortable returning to his home.“I know I wouldn’t feel warm in that neighborhood,” he said.
"

no **** sherlock, i wouldnt feel warm in that neighbourhood if i just shot my neighbours house.
Reply 6
Summing America up in one thread. Bravo!

:congrats:
He killed because he is a sick person. Give him another weapon like a knife, or even a vehicle to mow people down and he could still potentially kill many people.
Reply 8
Original post by lustawny
Summing America up in one thread. Bravo!

:congrats:

Just wait till Trump gets power. It won't just be guns that are firing.
Original post by Re$istance
He killed because he is a sick person. Give him another weapon like a knife, or even a vehicle to mow people down and he could still potentially kill many people.

He didnt kill anyone.
No one died. lucky bastard.

Try reading next time. good for you.
Original post by Fordrin
Just wait till Trump gets power. It won't just be guns that are firing.

Atom bombs?
Where were the "good guys with guns"?

Yeah. We probably never heard about all the times people threw knives and cars through their neighbors houses at random.
It's so bloody obvious that the States need better gun control laws, if maniacs like this guy can get their hands on guns. The mental acrobatics the NRA must put themselves through to claim otherwise is mind-boggling.
Reply 14

You can't use that argument now, you'll have to go onto the next one: 'freedom'.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It's so bloody obvious that the States need better gun control laws, if maniacs like this guy can get their hands on guns. The mental acrobatics the NRA must put themselves through to claim otherwise is mind-boggling.

Restricting the rights of the masses because of the actions of the few. I'm sure we criticise people who advocate that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Restricting the rights of the masses because of the actions of the few. I'm sure we criticise people who advocate that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or quite what you mean by that. =/
Original post by HucktheForde
perfect example of if everyone have guns, everyone would be shooting cans instead of people's house.

Or a perfect example of when people have guns, they tend to shoot things.

I don't know why people are saying he must be mentally ill, as opposed to just an inconsiderate fool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending