Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a student from India and I have received offers from 4 universities.
    Namely,
    Kings college london
    The university of Manchester
    The University of Edinburgh
    University of St.Andrews

Can someone please advice me on which would be a good choice?
    I would have loved to go to St.Andrews because its a small county side university but I'm a little anxious because the conditions they have offered me are tougher to meet that the rest.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sneha B)
    Namely,
    Kings college london
    University of St.Andrews

I would have loved to go to St.Andrews because its a small county side university but I'm a little anxious because the conditions they have offered me are tougher to meet that the rest.

Thanks guys
    well done on your offers - you might want to look up the ethnic mix at each uni. I am fairly sure that you will have no problems at all but I am guessing that St. Andrews will have less diversity.

They are all good universities though.

My personal preference would be for London though because the weather is better. That is all

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

What I'm really looking at though is the reputability of these universities.
    I guess diversity shouldn't be an issue because meeting people from different cultures will be fun anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Namely,
    Kings college london
    University of St.Andrews

Thanks guys
    I'm at St Andrews! Happy to answer any questions you may have

ReputationRep:
    Hey congratulation on making it through

Is St.Andrews really particular about their conditionals ? What if i slip a grade :|

Andd.. St.Andrwes cause its a pretty lovely countryside uni...so do u guys go for treks around often?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

What I'm really looking at though is the reputability of these universities.
    I guess diversity shouldn't be an issue because meeting people from different cultures will be fun anyway.
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ables/rankings

ReputationRep:
    Hey congratulation on making it through

Is St.Andrews really particular about their conditionals ? What if i slip a grade :|

Andd.. St.Andrwes cause its a pretty lovely countryside uni...so do u guys go for treks around often?
    Hmm I'm not too sure about this to be honest, you would have to ask admissions... though I do know someone who had conditions of AAA and got in with A*A*B if that counts?

Yes! There's an active hillwalking society here and they have treks to the Scottish Isles every 2 weeks or so. There's also the mountaineering society who also go on countryside trips (though more climbing focused). Click on the links to see examples of where they go.
    The Fife coastal path runs through St Andrews so it's easy to just go for a day walk into the countryside as well

ReputationRep:
    Oh oo. That sounds tough .. A* A* B

I went through the websites very excitinggg!
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.