The Student Room Group

Laptop or 2 in 1 suggestions

I'm looking to replace my banjaxed laptop with something else. Budget £450-£600.

Here's the list of what I want on it:

500GB Hard Drive
12.5-14 inch screen (needs to be small enough to take to college)
4.5 hour minimum battery life, more would be good

Would like
DVD drive, if not will get an external.
Lightweight as it'll be taken to college.

Main uses are
Studying, currently doing Access to Humanities, have conditional offer for History at UEA for 2017.
General internet use including online banking, online back up of important photos & documents.
Watching You Tube videos & on demand tv.
I also play games on Facebook, mostly puzzle type.

Extra notes
My proofreader for essays uses a mac so I would consider getting one, also when I'm at uni, they have e submission for coursework which has to be in PDF format.
I've already asked IT services at UEA and all their Blackboard, Learn & E:Vision things are Mac compatible (IT services is in the library which is handy).
I'm willing to get a good grade refurb from laptopcentre.co.uk or similar if it means getting something decent.
Not fussy on make so long as it's reliable.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Look at the Lenovo Yoga series. I have one. (can't remember the model) Mine is 14" and cost me around £350. Whatever you do, ensure you have a proper play around on them.
The only problem I would have for a main computer is a small screen and keyboard being annoying to use. I would probably get an IPad for college, and something more user friendly for home like a cheaper desktop.
All personal preference I guess.

If I was to go all out on something portable and just simple usability, I'd probably go for Apple lappy. Even though I'm not a huge fan generally, as they seem bit overpriced for the components.

You have a proofreader? nice...
Reply 3
Thanks for replies, I've been doing things on mobiles since my current laptop was banjaxed due to updates not going on with unreliable Internet since 23rd February.

My proof reader is a close family member who is a retired Geography teacher, he's also keen on History.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending