Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am worried that I may fail because of my severe anxiety. Because of it, I am pretty much constantly on edge and unwell, and missing classes/keep handing in coursework late because of it. Despite handing it in late, I am still getting respectable marks (usually around 50-60%). If I do well in my last two essays and exams, do you think they'll let me progress?

ReputationRep:
    Each university has different policies on progression. The best option would be to speak to your personal tutor about it.

ReputationRep:
    il assume your doing a 3 year degree, or lets use this as an example
    with them kinds of grades i dont think youl fail but if it helps, first year doesnt count towards final classification ie a first, 2:1, 2:2 etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Each university has different policies on progression. The best option would be to speak to your personal tutor about it.
    I have spoken to my personal tutor, and have a meeting with Academic support tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    il assume your doing a 3 year degree, or lets use this as an example
    with them kinds of grades i dont think youl fail but if it helps, first year doesnt count towards final classification ie a first, 2:1, 2:2 etc
    Yeah, I am. I think I'm panicking because I've heard horror stories about people being kicked out, or rather 'advised to leave' due to something called 'lack of engagement', and am concerned they'll tell me I can't progress due to this. I'm hoping they'll just go based on my grades, but I'm unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stellarvore)
    Yeah, I am. I think I'm panicking because I've heard horror stories about people being kicked out, or rather 'advised to leave' due to something called 'lack of engagement', and am concerned they'll tell me I can't progress due to this. I'm hoping they'll just go based on my grades, but I'm unsure.
    well if your acheiving the grades im pretty sure theyd see this as engagement.
    if you wasnt engaging, its very unlikely youd make them grades
    i wouldnt worry about it, if youv passed everything so far then your on track to pass first year

have they mentioned there worried or have they raised concerns about attendance, or engagement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    well if your acheiving the grades im pretty sure theyd see this as engagement.
    if you wasnt engaging, its very unlikely youd make them grades
    i wouldnt worry about it, if youv passed everything so far then your on track to pass first year

have they mentioned there worried or have they raised concerns about attendance, or engagement?
    Yeah, I had a meeting with my personal tutor to discuss my attendance, but it was more that she was concerned, rather than giving me a warning. I have made her aware of the situation, and am doing all I can to rectify things (i.e seeing Academic support tomorrow, going to my GP regularly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stellarvore)
    Yeah, I had a meeting with my personal tutor to discuss my attendance, but it was more that she was concerned, rather than giving me a warning. I have made her aware of the situation, and am doing all I can to rectify things (i.e seeing Academic support tomorrow, going to my GP regularly).
    ah yea that might be an issue if it gets to bad
    this is why i couldnt attend me 2nd year in college

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.