Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am gonna be doing a foundation year @ Uni of Birmingham and thereafter do the 3 year comp sci degree. I would like to go into consultantcy but I have seen many grad schemes jobs have like 300 point UCAS points at least. I will have to acieve that this year anyway, but I am retaking year 13, I got BBBB for AS, A2 CCC. I am retaking at home aiming for AAB but I know in grad schemes and such some jobs want 1st sitting A-level. Are these the majority or very few? Any ideas on what I can do to boost myself by acknowledging this early and trying to fix it? Or would it really not matter as from what I have seen the employers just want UCAS points and few ask for 1st sitting.

I don't want to really mention it as I assume most companies wouldn't but I did have a real physical illness during A2 and that affected my grades but it was diagnosed after A2 finished.

I'd like any advice from people who have a lot more understanding in this area. Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lawbringer)
    Hi guys, I am gonna be doing a foundation year @ Uni of Birmingham and thereafter do the 3 year comp sci degree. I would like to go into consultantcy but I have seen many grad schemes jobs have like 300 point UCAS points at least. I will have to acieve that this year anyway, but I am retaking year 13, I got BBBB for AS, A2 CCC. I am retaking at home aiming for AAB but I know in grad schemes and such some jobs want 1st sitting A-level. Are these the majority or very few? Any ideas on what I can do to boost myself by acknowledging this early and trying to fix it? Or would it really not matter as from what I have seen the employers just want UCAS points and few ask for 1st sitting.

I don't want to really mention it as I assume most companies wouldn't but I did have a real physical illness during A2 and that affected my grades but it was diagnosed after A2 finished.

I'd like any advice from people who have a lot more understanding in this area. Thanks!
    If you have extenuating circumstances (which you do) they should hopefully take your newly achieved grades into account.

Good luck, I've been self studying myself after a disaster of a results day last year - not even caused by myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    If you have extenuating circumstances (which you do) they should hopefully take your newly achieved grades into account.

Good luck, I've been self studying myself after a disaster of a results day last year - not even caused by myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok thanks for the advice ill keep all my medical notes but do you recommend mr ask my doctor to kind write that it clearly affected my results if they can even do that? Or just keep my medical letters.

Either way thanks mate and good luck to you too
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lawbringer)
    Ok thanks for the advice ill keep all my medical notes but do you recommend mr ask my doctor to kind write that it clearly affected my results if they can even do that? Or just keep my medical letters.

Either way thanks mate and good luck to you too
    The medical letters will be sufficient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.