The Student Room Group

Odd phobias you have?

Scroll to see replies

gold/silver/copper stuff, like change and jewellery etc. I hate the smell of it and when it gets on my hands they feel smelly and germy and I need to wash them asap
Original post by mrsjenner

Rodents, except @CoolCavy

:ahee: glad i'm an exception :giggle:
idk why ur not scared of me tho, i'm proper terrifying :h:
:colone:

Spoiler

Veins just because
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I'm fascinated by heights but I'm afraid of the sensation of the fall. I mean I could cry if I'm like unbalanced

As the great Sheldon Cooper once said:

"A fear of heights is illogical. Fear of falling, on the other hand, is prudent and evolutionary."
Reply 64
ew! I see you like Chemistry, have you checked out some of Nottinghams chemistry videos?
Lots of interesting ones, some of which you might find interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/user/periodicvideos/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid
I have too many phobias.
Heights
Speed
GForce
Spiders
Wasps
Bugs in general
Jellyfish
Touching other people's food
Being alone in the dark
Going somewhere new without someone who knows the place
Change
Chaos
many more
Reply 66
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Veins just because

cant win man some women like veins whats wrong with em?
Original post by asmuse123
As the great Sheldon Cooper once said:

"A fear of heights is illogical. Fear of falling, on the other hand, is prudent and evolutionary."

Awww intersting !! I did not know this one, you should post it on the quote thread :yep:
Reply 68
Original post by lucytalkstoomuch
gold/silver/copper stuff, like change and jewellery etc. I hate the smell of it and when it gets on my hands they feel smelly and germy and I need to wash them asap

Germs are good! good to expose your body to some lovely new germs. Eat food off da floor.
Original post by CoolCavy
:ahee: glad i'm an exception :giggle:
idk why ur not scared of me tho, i'm proper terrifying :h:
:colone:

Spoiler

I'll try--try--to look at rodents and think of you, and not be afraid lol
I have altocelarophobia. Fear of very high ceilings. Luckily It's gone down quite a lot, and doesn't affect me that much any more. When I was very small, to look up at a high ceiling I had to hold my mums hand and I genuinely felt physically sick or dizzy. Even now, sometimes when I look up I feel a bit uneasy. Really weird, huh? It's hard to explain how it feels, but I suppose the best I can explain it is you feel you're almost up there... nope. (Another one I saw online by other people who have it explain it by saying you feel like you're about to get sucked up there - which is also another really good explanation.)
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Awww intersting !! I did not know this one, you should post it on the quote thread :yep:

Thanks. There's a quote thread? Never heard of it. Could you direct me to this quote thread?
Original post by asmuse123
Thanks. There's a quote thread? Never heard of it. Could you direct me to this quote thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3687539 Here it is ! :h:

Just made a post! :thumbsup:
I don't really know that I have any. I suppose I must do, but I don't tend to think about it. I'm scarred of dying I suppose.
Original post by KyleH123
cant win man some women like veins whats wrong with em?

I don't know it's just they're so close to the skins surface and they can be squeezed it's just gross lol
submarines and stealth black spy planes (the sr71 looks like a sinister flattened flying penis)
When I was younger I was afraid of buttons. They scared me and whenever I touched one I had to wash my hands with all sorts of detergents and soaps available. I never worse shirts for that reason, and when I did, I made sure my time covered them so I couldn't possibly see them.
Omg I'm petrified of snails, custard, holes and drowning afahsjdjjff can't hack it
Original post by victoriacatalina
Omg I'm petrified of snails, custard, holes and drowning afahsjdjjff can't hack it

Snails and slygs are the worst, though.

Quick Reply

Latest