Turn on thread page Beta

Odd phobias you have? watch

ReputationRep:
    The entire fungi kingdom. Including things like yeast.

When I was younger I accidentally picked up a puffball mushroom instead of a rock... it was horrible! It's all squishy and rough on the outside, like stale marshmallows. They also have this disgusting gunge which oozes out of them... :afraid:

Rather stupidly though, I'm really interested in mycotoxicology.

ReputationRep:
    gold/silver/copper stuff, like change and jewellery etc. I hate the smell of it and when it gets on my hands they feel smelly and germy and I need to wash them asap
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mrsjenner)

Rodents, except CoolCavy
    :ahee: glad i'm an exception :giggle:
    idk why ur not scared of me tho, i'm proper terrifying
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Veins just because

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I'm fascinated by heights but I'm afraid of the sensation of the fall. I mean I could cry if I'm like unbalanced
    As the great Sheldon Cooper once said:

"A fear of heights is illogical. Fear of falling, on the other hand, is prudent and evolutionary."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    The entire fungi kingdom. Including things like yeast.

When I was younger I accidentally picked up a puffball mushroom instead of a rock... it was horrible! It's all squishy and rough on the outside, like stale marshmallows. They also have this disgusting gunge which oozes out of them... :afraid:

Rather stupidly though, I'm really interested in mycotoxicology.
    ew! I see you like Chemistry, have you checked out some of Nottinghams chemistry videos?
    Lots of interesting ones, some of which you might find interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/periodi...ew=0&flow=grid

ReputationRep:
    I have too many phobias.
    Heights
    Speed
    GForce
    Spiders
    Wasps
    Bugs in general
    Jellyfish
    Touching other people's food
    Being alone in the dark
    Going somewhere new without someone who knows the place
    Change
    Chaos
    many more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisahhh1998)
    Veins just because
    cant win man some women like veins whats wrong with em?

(Original post by asmuse123)
    As the great Sheldon Cooper once said:

"A fear of heights is illogical. Fear of falling, on the other hand, is prudent and evolutionary."
    Awww intersting !! I did not know this one, you should post it on the quote thread :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucytalkstoomuch)
    gold/silver/copper stuff, like change and jewellery etc. I hate the smell of it and when it gets on my hands they feel smelly and germy and I need to wash them asap
    Germs are good! good to expose your body to some lovely new germs. Eat food off da floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    :ahee: glad i'm an exception :giggle:
    idk why ur not scared of me tho, i'm proper terrifying
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs:
    I'll try--try--to look at rodents and think of you, and not be afraid lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    ew! I see you like Chemistry, have you checked out some of Nottinghams chemistry videos?
    Lots of interesting ones, some of which you might find interesting.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/periodi...ew=0&flow=grid
    Ah yes Periodic Videos! I've seen a lot of them already but thanks for sharing it anyway

ReputationRep:
    I have altocelarophobia. Fear of very high ceilings. Luckily It's gone down quite a lot, and doesn't affect me that much any more. When I was very small, to look up at a high ceiling I had to hold my mums hand and I genuinely felt physically sick or dizzy. Even now, sometimes when I look up I feel a bit uneasy. Really weird, huh? It's hard to explain how it feels, but I suppose the best I can explain it is you feel you're almost up there... nope. (Another one I saw online by other people who have it explain it by saying you feel like you're about to get sucked up there - which is also another really good explanation.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Awww intersting !! I did not know this one, you should post it on the quote thread :yep:
    Thanks. There's a quote thread? Never heard of it. Could you direct me to this quote thread?

(Original post by asmuse123)
    Thanks. There's a quote thread? Never heard of it. Could you direct me to this quote thread?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3687539 Here it is !

ReputationRep:
    Just made a post! :thumbsup:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't really know that I have any. I suppose I must do, but I don't tend to think about it. I'm scarred of dying I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    cant win man some women like veins whats wrong with em?
    I don't know it's just they're so close to the skins surface and they can be squeezed it's just gross lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    submarines and stealth black spy planes (the sr71 looks like a sinister flattened flying penis)

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I was afraid of buttons. They scared me and whenever I touched one I had to wash my hands with all sorts of detergents and soaps available. I never worse shirts for that reason, and when I did, I made sure my time covered them so I couldn't possibly see them.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.