Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Omg I'm petrified of snails, custard, holes and drowning afahsjdjjff can't hack it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriacatalina)
    Omg I'm petrified of snails, custard, holes and drowning afahsjdjjff can't hack it
    Snails and slygs are the worst, though.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you can all it a phobia, but I absolutely hate the feel of velvet it makes me feel physically ill and gives me goosebumps

ReputationRep:
    I can't use certain forks... and I can't think of anything else atm but I'm sure something will come to me

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified of wasps and hornets; I know it's completely irrational, but I cannever stop myself reacting like a screaming 3 year old when a wasp comes by xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davros1996)
    I'm terrified of wasps and hornets; I know it's completely irrational, but I cannever stop myself reacting like a screaming 3 year old when a wasp comes by xD
    funny thing is that's actually the worst thing to do. much more likely to get stung acting like that

what you need to do is this :kungfu: = dead wasp.

ReputationRep:
    Straight up terrified of cotton wool.

I hate the stuff, makes me feel sick can't be in the same room as the stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Exactly !! I think you are the only one on this thread who really understood :lol:
    The thing with me is even if I'm not heigh, suppose I'm on a simple table, if it's not stable I would feel really unsafe ; the fall freaks me out, whatever the heights lol
    YES!!! Its exactly the same for me. It could be just be like a few inches high. If its unstable/ you would have to keep your balance im not doing it even if you do fall nothing will happen.

While if i was on a plane (I have never been on a plane so im not sure) then I would probably be perfectly fine. And if im looking down from high up then im also perfectly fine.

There was a name for this. Completely forgot what it was so I will need to look it up. It was something to do with vertigo I think.

(Original post by Kholmes1)
    YES!!! Its exactly the same for me. It could be just be like a few inches high. If its unstable/ you would have to keep your balance im not doing it even if you do fall nothing will happen.

While if i was on a plane (I have never been on a plane so im not sure) then I would probably be perfectly fine. And if im looking down from high up then im also perfectly fine.

There was a name for this. Completely forgot what it was so I will need to look it up. It was something to do with vertigo I think.
    Omg someone understands me :cry2: :cry2: :hugs: (and not just someone , a Pokemon master :cool: )

EXACTEMENT !!
    I travelled with a plane , and it's awesome and I'm not scared at all because as you said , we are stable. I bet you'll be fine too If you take a plane !

Anyway , I'm glad you understand :lol: because it's hard to explain and nobody understands usually :lol:

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I had a phobia of frogs :lol: it still scares me to look at pictures of them or to be near ponds or other places where frogs might be... Still not as weird as some of the other phobias on this thread

ReputationRep:
    Holes - they make me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I don't particularly like polka dots.
    I used to not be able to look at the honey in Crunchie but now, I'm okay with it.
    There's this Sensodyne advert showing holes in teeth and it disgust me.
    I don't like moths but I do like butterflies - idky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    I can't use certain forks... and I can't think of anything else atm but I'm sure something will come to me
    You mean like three-tined ones?!

ReputationRep:
    Ham- yes I know it's odd. Everything about it from it's colour, smell and feel makes me gag. I get nervous when people eat it near me and proper social anxiety if someone expects me to touch it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I don't know if you can all it a phobia, but I absolutely hate the feel of velvet it makes me feel physically ill and gives me goosebumps
    I feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Omg someone understands me :cry2: :cry2: :hugs: (and not just someone , a Pokemon master :cool: )

EXACTEMENT !!
    I travelled with a plane , and it's awesome and I'm not scared at all because as you said , we are stable. I bet you'll be fine too If you take a plane !

Anyway , I'm glad you understand :lol: because it's hard to explain and nobody understands usually :lol:
    I don't think its actually that odd. I remember watching an interview with someone and she was like us. Then the other person with her was confused how that would work. (Im not sure how, its quite simple.)

Its not as common as other fears. But I wouldn't say its an unusual and odd one.
    But I guess its because people think people are afraid of heights because of the falling aspect. But it is quite hard to explain to people this fear.

(Original post by Kholmes1)
    I don't think its actually that odd. I remember watching an interview with someone and she was like us. Then the other person with her was confused how that would work. (Im not sure how, its quite simple.)

Its not as common as other fears. But I wouldn't say its an unusual and odd one.
    But I guess its because people think people are afraid of heights because of the falling aspect. But it is quite hard to explain to people this fear.
    I think you are right , that's quite normal after all ! Just rare , and difficult to explain :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Growing old
    I can't see myself as an 80 year old lady in a nursing home like that terrifies me.
    I know I wouldn't let myself grow that old, though I'll probably die in my twenties anyway :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)
    I have altocelarophobia. Fear of very high ceilings. Luckily It's gone down quite a lot, and doesn't affect me that much any more. When I was very small, to look up at a high ceiling I had to hold my mums hand and I genuinely felt physically sick or dizzy. Even now, sometimes when I look up I feel a bit uneasy. Really weird, huh? It's hard to explain how it feels, but I suppose the best I can explain it is you feel you're almost up there... nope. (Another one I saw online by other people who have it explain it by saying you feel like you're about to get sucked up there - which is also another really good explanation.)
    use to get this when I was younger! use to cry whenever I had to attend my local church with my primary school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FahzB)
    Holes - they make me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I don't particularly like polka dots.
    I used to not be able to look at the honey in Crunchie but now, I'm okay with it.
    There's this Sensodyne advert showing holes in teeth and it disgust me.
    I don't like moths but I do like butterflies - idky.
    Trypophobia?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Trypophobia?
    ur going to hell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.