Turn on thread page Beta

Do girls just want you to ''be yourself''? watch

ReputationRep:
    would like to remind you guys that dating is just a social contruct enforced by the patriarchy to stop women experiencing a wholesome and peaceful existence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daquan)
    But the vast majority of women like guys who are confident, ambitious, assertive, funny, charming, adventurous, creative, have cool hobbies, great careers they love etc etc etc..... What happens to the huge majority of men who do not fit many of these ''standards'', if any? How can they find love when the % of women who would love them for being themselves is barely into double digits, if that?
    There is such a thing as too much confidence/assertiveness, you know, and some people tend to be more confident around you once you get to know them better.
    Ambition isn't necessarily a good thing.
    Things like being funny, charming, creative and having cool hobbies are very subjective.
    Slash great. If the man has a career or job he loves, that should be enough for his ladyfriend.

Standards are bsht, and most of them (just like what body type is "in fashion" ), are social constructs. I say eff that. Set your own standards. Charm the ladies by being you. If that's not good enough, it's their loss. You'll find yourself a lass eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I see many girls/women gives this advice, how they like guys who are ''themselves''. Would this work for most guys who have problems finding love? Remember that most men aren't confident, charming, funny, assertive, ambitious, adventurous and have ''cool'' hobbies (playing guitar etc). Most are either shy or insecure or introverts or nerdy or geeky or boring or don't want a highly stressful/early grave job or have hobbies like playing video games or watching football. Will a woman like a guy more when he passionately describes how he built his latest PC or how he can't wait to go to Tankfest this year?

So is being yourself all there is to it?
    Lols be yourself around women and this is what's gonna happen:

http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content...endzone-09.jpg

http://www.insanos.com.br/images_pos...riendzone8.jpg

http://jpegy.com/images/uploads/2013...ror-holder.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...oq-Veiz9UNt9qV

http://www.vitamin-ha.com/wp-content...endzone-01.jpg

ReputationRep:
    So ladies, here's a pic of me. Do you think I can get a girlfriend?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...bxLlyqtYbQHA1N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    So ladies, here's a pic of me. Do you think I can get a girlfriend?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...bxLlyqtYbQHA1N
    I don't see why not, like the women itt confirmed, all you have to be is yourself... Just passionately describe to her how you destroyed your latest MTG opponent and by the end of the night she'll be all over you! It's all about your passions and being yourself!

ReputationRep:
    I see many girls/women gives this advice, how they like guys who are ''themselves''. Would this work for most guys who have problems finding love? Remember that most men aren't confident, charming, funny, assertive, ambitious, adventurous and have ''cool'' hobbies (playing guitar etc). Most are either shy or insecure or introverts or nerdy or geeky or boring or don't want a highly stressful/early grave job or have hobbies like playing video games or watching football. Will a woman like a guy more when he passionately describes how he built his latest PC or how he can't wait to go to Tankfest this year?

So is being yourself all there is to it?
    As long as being yourself doesn't include being a ****, douche, unmotivated, mean, *****y, aggressive, f-boy, etc, then your good to go.

Playing video games is fine, but if that's all you do, then Houston we have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    As long as being yourself doesn't include being a ****, douche, unmotivated, mean, *****y, aggressive, f-boy, etc, then your good to go.

Playing video games is fine, but if that's all you do, then Houston we have a problem.
    Let's say he also likes chess or anything to do with WW2/ the early roman empire or restoring old radios or collecting tank models.... All these guys will find women who like the same things as long as they are themselves and passionate ? Also, what do you mean by unmotivated?

ReputationRep:
    Let's say he also likes chess or anything to do with WW2/ the early roman empire or restoring old radios or collecting tank models.... All these guys will find women who like the same things as long as they are themselves and passionate ? Also, what do you mean by unmotivated?
    Hey it's always more interesting to have a guy passionate about something rather than nothing. And yup I think by doing what you love, you will meet people similar to you naturally. The more people you meet, the greater your chances of finding someone you mesh with. By unmotivated I meant passionless, no drive, no zest for life. Some girls are okay with that, but I am definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    Hey it's always more interesting to have a guy passionate about something rather than nothing. And yup I think by doing what you love, you will meet people similar to you naturally. The more people you meet, the greater your chances of finding someone you mesh with. By unmotivated I meant passionless, no drive, no zest for life. Some girls are okay with that, but I am definitely not.
    How many women (compared to the number of men) are into any of the things I mentioned? Go to a chess competition or a Star Trek convention or Tankfest and tell me how many women you see there ready to passionately talk to guys about any of the subjects.

So a guy who works hard to improve his chess skill or knowledge of WW2 battles is great , right? I mean driven/ambitious doesn't have to mean working on achieving a great career or having ''cool'' hobbies like guitar playing, you can be full of life and passionate in many ways...

ReputationRep:
    How many women (compared to the number of men) are into any of the things I mentioned? Go to a chess competition or a Star Trek convention or Tankfest and tell me how many women you see there ready to passionately talk to guys about any of the subjects.

So a guy who works hard to improve his chess skill or knowledge of WW2 battles is great , right? I mean driven/ambitious doesn't have to mean working on achieving a great career or having ''cool'' hobbies like guitar playing, you can be full of life and passionate in many ways...
    Comic book guy from The Simpsons, is that you? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filing Cabinet)
    Comic book guy from The Simpsons, is that you? :zomg:
    Haven't watch Simpsons since the 90's, just the movie a few years ago. Are women all over him ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.