Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys.
    I was wondering how much time are we allowed for the controlled assessment?
    Is it shown by the exam board?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I did Statistics last year and if I remember correctly we were given 8 hours I think? I'm not sure though, better as your teachers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    We were given
    proposal: 1 hour - to copy out what we had written and edited at home
    report: 3 hours - to discuss the layout etc. and then to begin collecting our data before we had to complete the rest of it at home over a period of about 2 weeks (wouldn't have been this short if the teacher had remembered to start this when we were meant to back in December - instead we started in February)
    evaluation/ conclusion: 1 hour- agaun to copy out by hand what we had written and edited at home

We also had bits and pieces at lunch times totalling about another hour so total: 6 hours
    We may well have been allowed more however we are the only set doing statistics early (year 10) so we have to cover the year 10 stuff plus the stats in the same time as everyone else is just covering the year 10 stuff so our teacher hurries through everything to try and keep up with the other sets while still doing the statistics.

I think overall I probably spent in the region of 40-50 hours on it but I'm a perfectionist and a lot of it was also edited several times after our teacher changed his mind about formatting etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks.
    how long would you say you got for the planning stage of the controlled assessment?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by thedarkness321;[url="tel:63637147")
    63637147[/url]]Ok thanks.
    how long would you say you got for the planning stage of the controlled assessment?
    Umm we had one hour in class and I probably spent 6-10 hours on it at home. Actually I suppose we technically had one hour where we were being told all about it and 1 hour to write it up so that's two hours. Not long though and you'll be looking to out extra hours in at home

ReputationRep:
    There was a time limit?

Oops
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Woody_Pigeon;[url="tel:63662965")
    63662965[/url]]There was a time limit?

Oops
    I don't think it was a time limit so much as what our teaxher was willing to let us have out of our lesson time (we're doing the stats on top of our year 10 work and he gets very competitive with the second set teacher as to who is furthest ahead)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedarkness321)
    Hi Guys.
    I was wondering how much time are we allowed for the controlled assessment?
    Is it shown by the exam board?
    Thanks.
    every part (4 altogether ) was 2 hours each in slots . we had 1 slot each week and we finished in 6 weeks so 12 hours in total . I left mine half finnished ran outa time and was completely unsure on what to do better make up for it in the exam tho aargh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.