Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've decided to post here as I need to let this all out...

I have an amazing boyfriend whom I met here at uni. He is literally my rock and the most sweetest guy ever. He does anything and everything for me and always puts me before himself. When I was abroad for a conference he would stay up everyday till the early hours of the morning to make sure I was safe, when I pull all nighters to get work done he stays awake with me to keep me company, I can't really explain but he devotes himself to me... you get the picture. We tell each other everything and are each others best friends. We both come from the same cultural background too having strict Asian parents. Although we cannot tell our parents about us dating at the moment (parents are strict etc) his sister and brother in law know everything about me, even sending me gifts when he went back home to see them all.

When we first started dating his ex messaged me and then phoned me saying they were still dating and claiming all sorts of things. He had previously told me about all his exes when we were just good friends. For instance he had told me about his ex creating so much drama when they broke up. I needed time to think and then after we spoke it all through, I decided to believe him. Everything was fine for months after that. He lives in the country I am originally from so he went back home for the Christmas break... his ex messaged me again, messages upon messages it felt like I was being harassed in a way! I obviously got very upset and didn't want to talk to him whilst I thought things through. His sister got in contact with me and told me that he had rung her crying and that I should believe him, she explained that his ex is crazy and that he has never once hidden me from her, talking about me non stop and that if he was cheating she would be the first one to lose it with him. So after speaking to her, I just put all the crazy ex thing behind me. When he came back we sat down properly and spoke about their relationship and what she did when they broke up.

I've recently been feeling very insecure, as he devotes himself to me and I find it hard to understand why someone could like me. Especially given how I have been treated by guys in the past. I have spoken to him about this though and he too seems to have insecurities for instance crying at the thought of me leaving him.

Back to the ex thing, he is going back home for the upcoming holidays but honestly I am just scared that she will contact me again or try to manipulate our relationship. I've been feeling very low about this for the past week. I trust him completely but I just can't help feeling scared at what she may try to do.

Is there any advice anyone can give me? On how to get over my insecurities or how to deal with the crazy ex?

ReputationRep:
    How long before you guys went out did they break up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've decided to post here as I need to let this all out...

I have an amazing boyfriend whom I met here at uni. He is literally my rock and the most sweetest guy ever. He does anything and everything for me and always puts me before himself. When I was abroad for a conference he would stay up everyday till the early hours of the morning to make sure I was safe, when I pull all nighters to get work done he stays awake with me to keep me company, I can't really explain but he devotes himself to me... you get the picture. We tell each other everything and are each others best friends. We both come from the same cultural background too having strict Asian parents. Although we cannot tell our parents about us dating at the moment (parents are strict etc) his sister and brother in law know everything about me, even sending me gifts when he went back home to see them all.

When we first started dating his ex messaged me and then phoned me saying they were still dating and claiming all sorts of things. He had previously told me about all his exes when we were just good friends. For instance he had told me about his ex creating so much drama when they broke up. I needed time to think and then after we spoke it all through, I decided to believe him. Everything was fine for months after that. He lives in the country I am originally from so he went back home for the Christmas break... his ex messaged me again, messages upon messages it felt like I was being harassed in a way! I obviously got very upset and didn't want to talk to him whilst I thought things through. His sister got in contact with me and told me that he had rung her crying and that I should believe him, she explained that his ex is crazy and that he has never once hidden me from her, talking about me non stop and that if he was cheating she would be the first one to lose it with him. So after speaking to her, I just put all the crazy ex thing behind me. When he came back we sat down properly and spoke about their relationship and what she did when they broke up.

I've recently been feeling very insecure, as he devotes himself to me and I find it hard to understand why someone could like me. Especially given how I have been treated by guys in the past. I have spoken to him about this though and he too seems to have insecurities for instance crying at the thought of me leaving him.

Back to the ex thing, he is going back home for the upcoming holidays but honestly I am just scared that she will contact me again or try to manipulate our relationship. I've been feeling very low about this for the past week. I trust him completely but I just can't help feeling scared at what she may try to do.

Is there any advice anyone can give me? On how to get over my insecurities or how to deal with the crazy ex?
    Handling his ex(s) is not your business love~
    We all have a past. He's with you and there is a line. He is the one who should draw this line and who should know where exactly to do it. If he does not or cannot then he's still into her. But don't deal with his ex
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    He is needs to tell her where to go and block all forms of contact with her.

ReputationRep:
    Why does his ex only contact you when he goes back to....wherever.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.