Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i just spent £150 to get my hair highlighted to blonde and they guy left an inch of brown roots and my hair is now bright orange. i called the salon and theyve said they will get back to me, but as of yet (an hour later) nothing!
    anybody have any advice? am i only entitled to let them fix it or can i have a refund?

ReputationRep:
    embrace it

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Looks like he did an 'Anne of Green Gables' on you -- I'd demand a refund AND a fix.

ReputationRep:
    what does it look like. it might look nice
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by hopegirlxo)
    so i just spent £150 to get my hair highlighted to blonde and they guy left an inch of brown roots and my hair is now bright orange. i called the salon and theyve said they will get back to me, but as of yet (an hour later) nothing!
    anybody have any advice? am i only entitled to let them fix it or can i have a refund?
    For that price i would hope they would at least be able to fix it for you especially leaving roots, sounds like a very unprofessional service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_20011)
    what does it look like. it might look nice

this is how it looks (the roots i mean ) and the bottom colour looks orange too (
    Attached Images

this is how it looks (the roots i mean ) and the bottom colour looks orange too (
    It looks nice

ReputationRep:
    Dont open this disgusting spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Why don't you open up that top button?
    I warned you.

Nice hair by the way.

Maybe you should wait a while longer. You could complain to their management?

Have you thought about using this?

http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4-Ha...mover_1000978/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Dont open this disgusting spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Why don't you open up that top button?
    I warned you.

Nice hair by the way.
    Why did you feel need to post that? Please leave.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You are protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

They must perform the service with reasonable skill and care. (s49)
    If you are unhappy then you give them the opportunity to put it right within a reasonable time (s55). Its a bit ambiguous but you cna also ask for a price reduction up to a full refund and that should be paid within 14 days of agreeing a refund will be made (s56).
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ion/55/enacted

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Gl...ervicesF2F.pdf

keep the photos you cna always sue them in small claims later for the cost of setting it right soemwhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Maybe you should wait a while longer. You could complain to their management?

Have you thought about using this?

http://www.boots.com/en/Colour-B4-Ha...mover_1000978/
    id be too scared to do anything to it myself, in case it went even worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You are protected under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

They must perform the service with reasonable skill and care. (s49)
    If you are unhappy then you give them the opportunity to put it right within a reasonable time (s55). Its a bit ambiguous but you cna also ask for a price reduction up to a full refund and that should be paid within 14 days of agreeing a refund will be made (s56).
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ion/55/enacted

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Gl...ervicesF2F.pdf

keep the photos you cna always sue them in small claims later for the cost of setting it right soemwhere else.
    thats very helpful, thank you !! i'm still waiting on their management to return the phone call and if not, i may need to take your advice !
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    thats very helpful, thank you !! i'm still waiting on their management to return the phone call and if not, i may need to take your advice !
    hairdressers are unlikely to know what the law is, so they may try and fob you off. for £150 I'd expect a very good job. say you have talked to trading standards and CAB and they both told you the same i.e what your rights are under the Consumer Rights Act. It should be enough if you have to call on it.

ReputationRep:
    you paid 150 for that? hahaha omg man you got cheated there! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm sick in the head and you don't know half of it. I'm the type of person to castrate you, hold the goods in my hand, and laugh at it.
    :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    you paid 150 for that? hahaha omg man you got cheated there! :rofl:
    i know, right ! still waiting on their "management" to call me back !

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm sick in the head and you don't know half of it. I'm the type of person to castrate you, hold the goods in my hand, and laugh at it.

I tried to resist, but I couldn't. I put a spoiler and told you not to open it. You broke the rules. You're as much a rule breaker as me.

We are the cool kids. :cool:
    Lol wtf are you on right now? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    i know, right ! still waiting on their "management" to call me back !
    id sue!!

ReputationRep:
    Update: they said they will fix it but there may be an additional charge of £20 !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.