The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Financial Profile (for scholarship application)

Hey guys that's my first post here in TSR and hope that someone can help me. :smile:

I got an offer from the University of St. Andrews for the undergraduate course Sustainable Developement (I am sooo excited :biggrin: ) and although I am not sure yet whether I will firm it as I am still waiting for some other answers I already wanted to apply for scholarships. My problem now is that I am a bit confused by the "financial profile" I need to create as I don't know a lot about the British income system if it can be called like that.... I looked up what PAYE is but did not fully understand. Does it refer to the money you get but which goes directly as taxes to the government for your pension, health insurance and so on? And when you need to give the annual income do I need to put the total of 2015 or calculate with what my parents earn right know what it would be at the end of this year although it could change? Do I need to include money we get as help from the government (is that maybe the working tax credit?) and is the state pension money you get from the government for the pension or something you pay?

Sorry for the long text and hope there are not too stupid questions ;-)
Thanks a lot in advance!
Reply 1
Thank you!

In the end I called and they told me that:
I need to give the information of the last year (2015) including taxes! And the section called state pension/benefits referst to financial help you (or your parents) get from the government. Concerning working tax credits I found out before asking that it is something UK specific thus EU or international students don´t need to enter anything there.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending