Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^how

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _TomG_)
    Hi, I've got quite a big edexcel maths test in 2 weeks time. Tommorow I will be given a booklet of 8 (ish) problems but that won't be enough. So, what can i do?

Also, I have a CGP book which is meant for foundation GCSE, but should I use it just yet? As in, fill in the questions? (Might need that for Y11?)
    Hi, I hope I'm not too late!
    Okay, I guess you're doing gcse and the same exam board as me. Your spec might be different if you're doing the new gcses. For me, this is worth it's weight in gold. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revise-Edexc.../dp/1446900150
    Use the questions. Next year you can find online resources but you don't need to worry about that right now. Just focus on preparing for the next maths test with anything you have.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Ask to borrow your maths textbook (if they won't let you take it home, see if you can borrow it and study it in the library or in their class or something) and practice all of the things you have been taught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _TomG_)
    Thanks!
    You're welcome! Enjoy Year 10 but start making notes now. You will thank yourself next year. I kept on top of sciences in year 10 which I am so glad I did. However I didn't keep up with geography and ended up spending my Christmas holidays making geography notecards. It's never too late to start revision!
    Listen to me? What am I saying? I think I've had a personality transplant... Seriously though, make notes now and you'll thank yourself so much later on. I wish I'd listened to people telling me that whenever I see the biology notes I still have to do.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.