Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for kent accommodation and was wondering which is better, keynes or turing? I want a sociable flat but not too social aha

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I personally have applied for Keynes Flats this year, purely because they were about £150 cheaper than the Turing ones. £6,167 as opposed to £6,300.
    But if money isn't an issue for you, i would definitely go with Turing, as the Kitchens are beautiful, they are bigger than the ones at Keynes, (you can google them as they don't show pictures on the kent website). The rooms are very spacious and look a lot like a hotel. Other than the size of the room itself and the kitchen, there isn't that much difference between the two accommodations. I would just consider the fact that the max Maintenance loan we get is £8,200, so if you pick Turing, you're left with exactly £2000 left, which works out as about £51 a week, which isn't a lot, considering you still have to buy food, clothes, personal things, go out, entertainment etc.
    Basically its all a matter of how much you're willing to spend. Unless you're really rich, you're gonna have to compromise on some things.
    Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ju1ie;[url="tel:63514231")
    63514231[/url]]I personally have applied for Keynes Flats this year, purely because they were about £150 cheaper than the Turing ones. £6,167 as opposed to £6,300.
    But if money isn't an issue for you, i would definitely go with Turing, as the Kitchens are beautiful, they are bigger than the ones at Keynes, (you can google them as they don't show pictures on the kent website). The rooms are very spacious and look a lot like a hotel. Other than the size of the room itself and the kitchen, there isn't that much difference between the two accommodations. I would just consider the fact that the max Maintenance loan we get is £8,200, so if you pick Turing, you're left with exactly £2000 left, which works out as about £51 a week, which isn't a lot, considering you still have to buy food, clothes, personal things, go out, entertainment etc.
    Basically its all a matter of how much you're willing to spend. Unless you're really rich, you're gonna have to compromise on some things.
    Hope this helped
    Thanks for replying! Yeah I see what you mean, I picked Turing as my first choice than Keynes as my second. I didn't pick Keynes because there bathroom was so small and there was no proper shower and the rooms were smaller. Yeah £51 isn't a lot but I am working in the summer and will get a part time job there so hopefully I will have more aha!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.