Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for computer science and software engineering at various universities (Surrey, Brunel, Bournemouth, Queen Marys, Nottingham) and had offers from all the universities. I have decided that Software engineering would suit me best which leaves me with Brunel or Bournemouth, any opinions on which is best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonniehiles)
    I have applied for computer science and software engineering at various universities (Surrey, Brunel, Bournemouth, Queen Marys, Nottingham) and had offers from all the universities. I have decided that Software engineering would suit me best which leaves me with Brunel or Bournemouth, any opinions on which is best?
    I'm going to Brunel so I would be biased but surrey and Nottingham would be your best choices.You should look at the course modules rather than the degree name

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A degree from Nottingham will be worth more going into the job market than either of those two, I'm not being snobby just realistic. If you pick the right modules you can study a substantial amount of Software Engineering on a CompSci degree anyway.

I'm 99% sure on going to Leicester whose Bsc is termed Computer Science but is highly Software Engineering focused.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.