Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone taking the applied business exam would like to give theri thoughts about potential questions that they have issues with or any topics and what they predict might come up along with tips on how to tackle specfic topic questions along with applying the case study of SYS accurately.
    Many Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i think there is going to be something about budgets because they didn't come up last year. for example the importance of them monitoring their budgets and how it will effect the success of their expansion.
    for example firstly they need to ensure that their predictions are accurate. if they continue to get a steady profit like the £100,000 they received in 2014, then they will find it easier to get a source of finance. banks will be more interested in investment because they know they will receive the money, however they already owe 1.9 million from a previous source.
    monitoring will also help them keep track on the success of their business. it can be a motivating factor if they continue to earn higher amounts then they originally expected, which means sara and abdul will be more comfortable with the expansion. due to the current disagreement this is really important because it ill prevent confrontation in the workplace.
    they can also work out where they are spending too much money. for example if the wages are increasing alot they know that they need to cut this back in order to ensure they prevent eventual liquidation.
    possibly something about how Matt Sara and Abdul can use their ict skills to secure investments.
    cash flow forecasts and profit and loss are inevitable
    cash flow forecasting is essential because it allows them to wrok out

ReputationRep:
    Possible questions:
    1. Analyse one advantage and one disadvantage to SYS of operating as a private limited company.
    2. Using the case study, explain why SYS's stakeholders would want to monitor the expansion scheme.
    3. Using the case study analyse why it is essential to set a budget for the expansion scheme.
    4. Do you think that the use of break even analysis would help Matt to manage the expansion scheme more effectively.
    5. Using the case study information, explain one benefit that Matt might receive from the use of business software in preparing for his financial plan for expansion purposes.
    6. Using all the information that you have collected so far, analyse the arguments for and against the expansion. You should advise Matt as to whether he should go ahead with his expansion plans. Justify your decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollybarber_)
    Possible questions:
    1. Analyse one advantage and one disadvantage to SYS of operating as a private limited company.
    2. Using the case study, explain why SYS's stakeholders would want to monitor the expansion scheme.
    3. Using the case study analyse why it is essential to set a budget for the expansion scheme.
    4. Do you think that the use of break even analysis would help Matt to manage the expansion scheme more effectively.
    5. Using the case study information, explain one benefit that Matt might receive from the use of business software in preparing for his financial plan for expansion purposes.
    6. Using all the information that you have collected so far, analyse the arguments for and against the expansion. You should advise Matt as to whether he should go ahead with his expansion plans. Justify your decision.
    Also, don't forget the almost definite 10 marker on question 1:
    "Drawing upon your pre-examination research, discuss why business planning is important for SYS"

ReputationRep:
    i have been searching for a form like this for ages! why is it only coming the day before the exam?

ReputationRep:
    For the definite 10 marker would this be fine? An intro, 2 fully developed paragraphs with discussions on why business planning is important for SYS and a conclusion? The two paragraphs would include the fact that stakeholders (Banks) would require a business plan for the 2.5 million investment that matt is estimating and another paragraph for just stating that costs would increase and therefore this might affect profits and that Matt wants to increase profits by 25%?

ReputationRep:
    One additional question, for the business plan question would stating banks and investors as the same point be an adequate answer or are they more credible separate?

ReputationRep:
    Together be the same amount of marks I assume

ReputationRep:
    d
    (Original post by zck)
    For the definite 10 marker would this be fine? An intro, 2 fully developed paragraphs with discussions on why business planning is important for SYS and a conclusion? The two paragraphs would include the fact that stakeholders (Banks) would require a business plan for the 2.5 million investment that matt is estimating and another paragraph for just stating that costs would increase and therefore this might affect profits and that Matt wants to increase profits by 25%?

do not need a conclusion on first question - see examiner reports
    I know that tutor2u in their toolkit have an evaluation but AQA do not want you to do this THERE ARE NO A04 MARKS in Q1
    don;t waste time with an introduction - launch in !

conclusion are only required on 2 questions in exam - one is the last question and the other will be signalled by trigger words like -----do you agree ?
    - the front on your exam paper will also signal a they are the questions that are required to be answered in continuous prose

ReputationRep:
    You were so right I wish I spent time learning this !! Well done what did you guys get for the break even and actual revenue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harvey12)
    i think there is going to be something about budgets because they didn't come up last year. for example the importance of them monitoring their budgets and how it will effect the success of their expansion.
    for example firstly they need to ensure that their predictions are accurate. if they continue to get a steady profit like the £100,000 they received in 2014, then they will find it easier to get a source of finance. banks will be more interested in investment because they know they will receive the money, however they already owe 1.9 million from a previous source.
    monitoring will also help them keep track on the success of their business. it can be a motivating factor if they continue to earn higher amounts then they originally expected, which means sara and abdul will be more comfortable with the expansion. due to the current disagreement this is really important because it ill prevent confrontation in the workplace.
    they can also work out where they are spending too much money. for example if the wages are increasing alot they know that they need to cut this back in order to ensure they prevent eventual liquidation.
    possibly something about how Matt Sara and Abdul can use their ict skills to secure investments.
    cash flow forecasts and profit and loss are inevitable
    cash flow forecasting is essential because it allows them to wrok out
    What did you get for break even and actual revenue

ReputationRep:
    i didnt answer the revenue question because i thought it required you to work out revenue using the equation but literally after the invigilator instructed us to put out pens down i recognised where i went wrong, the answer should be around 5252? and for the B.E question i got 442

ReputationRep:
    Same omg! I realised actual revenue was from budgeting! So annoyed I hope the grade boundaries were low but they won't because everyone found it so easy ahh
    (Original post by connormc199)
    i didnt answer the revenue question because i thought it required you to work out revenue using the equation but literally after the invigilator instructed us to put out pens down i recognised where i went wrong, the answer should be around 5252? and for the B.E question i got 442

ReputationRep:
    i honestly thought that was horrendous, probably one of my worst ever exams and considering i do/done maths, history politics and ICT, and i thought this was meant to be definite A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connormc199)
    i honestly thought that was horrendous, probably one of my worst ever exams and considering i do/done maths, history politics and ICT, and i thought this was meant to be definite A
    I liked the pre release, the sixteen marker and the LTD question but some of them were difficult and I got the finance ones so wrong and it's so annoying because I knew how to do them, for break even I wrote the right answer first and the calculation but decided to cross it out BIG MISTAKE🙂

ReputationRep:
    i liked the business plan, LTD was ok, i liked the 16 marker but i messed up on budgetting, revenue questions and what was the other one?

ReputationRep:
    Emm I have no idea but I messed up on all finance therefore could probably only get marks on the formula

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.