Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do physics questions on TSR tend to go unnoticed? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Yeh it's the same with physics/chem and bio, all 3 tend to go unnoticed on here perhaps we can use this thread to post any questions and hopefully this will attract more help?
    Yeah sure I saw an official thread for the exam. You do OCR A?

Or are you doing other boards papers?

(Original post by Masterx)
    In all honesty, I think the reason is that people here simply lack the mental processing power needed to answer such questions.
    They can only answer relationship type questions.

It's like trying to run the best game on a 10 year old computer.
    Physics students play chess while everyone else is playing chequers.

(Original post by Joinedup)
    it's orbiting in a plane that goes through the poles with the earth turning underneath it once every 24h- so it's going to take a plenty of photos of penguins and polar bears and if there were to be any gaps it'd be at the equator.

if a point on the equator moves more than 3000 km in 24/14 hrs then the satellite fails to photograph the whole surface.

a point on the equator moves 2πr in 24h... has it moved by more than the 3000 km photo width in 24/14 hrs?
    It moves half of 2832 which is less than 3000 so it can be taken
    different approach though I like it.
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Because physics is haaaaaaaaard.
    physics maths is ridicuolously simple there is no integration etc.
    probably because they have to cater for the non maths kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Lol yeah - I jumped the step where I did 13.4/2 = 6.7 in there. :facepalm:

Yeah?
    Easy error to make. I tripped up on this before.

I'm Nate Lol.

ReputationRep:
    mathsastronomy if you do do OCR then there is another dodgy question I stumbeld upon where the coursebook contradicts what is written in an exam question for the Nuclear Physics in G485.

ReputationRep:
    Maths questions are posted more frequentky so by the time zackens latexed his help for the question before he has another to move to.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it's the same with physics/chem and bio, all 3 tend to go unnoticed on here perhaps we can use this thread to post any questions and hopefully this will attract more help?
    You're providing good answers to questions on physics forum

Use v = f x lamda
    is it that you feel that someone else should be doing more of the work?

ReputationRep:
    Can't be asked to tag but thank you to all those who helped answer my question; Zacken, Sean, L'Evil Wolf, Joinedup etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    You're providing good answers to questions on physics forum

is it that you feel that someone else should be doing more of the work?
    Well.. yes. In an ideal world all subject questions should be answered. I tend to find most questions posted on here (particularly physics related - not mechanics, but more so electromagnetism, nuclear, thermal, astro etc) remain unanswered, and I'm trying to put a stop to that with the help of myself and hopefully the community!

ReputationRep:
    Well.. yes. In an ideal world all subject questions should be answered. I tend to find most questions posted on here (particularly physics related - not mechanics, but more so electromagnetism, nuclear, thermal, astro etc) remain unanswered, and I'm trying to put a stop to that with the help of myself and hopefully the community!
    I guess I could start keeping an eye out on the physics forum as well, although I much prefer the maths one.

ReputationRep:
    Whereas almost all maths questions get so many replies instantaneously :mad:
    Because they are all cat lovers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.