The Student Room Group

Why isn't street begging illegal?

Scroll to see replies

@Blondie987 it doesn't just lines the pocket of the rich and keep them quaffing back dom perignon and lafite rothschild over their filet mignon
There is this lady around my area who is ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS begging for money. It is so annoying, I wish someone can just ban her from doing so because she spend the money on drugs or alcohol.
Original post by Legendary Quest
What is the main thing that leads people towards addiction and criminal activity?
Is it fine that so many people are already relying on food banks and soup kitchens?

Being with the wrong crowd
Original post by loveleest
There is this lady around my area who is ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS begging for money. It is so annoying, I wish someone can just ban her from doing so because she spend the money on drugs or alcohol.

It is good to see a person that agrees
Original post by Gwilym101
Blue Mason, do you think people beg by choice?

Well... no one can get a loan from Trump as his mortgage company spectacularly failed.

Yes, they choose to beg,drink alcohol and take drugs.
Original post by john2054
What about these beggars in uniform? Ie redcross, oxfam and shelter. They even come to our door, on average once a week 'begging' for a small monthly donation, by direct debit? Which only pays the manager's salary anyway. I'd much rather give to some big issue seller on the street, any day of the week!!

They're an annoying bunch,but they do not pester me.
But yeah it needs to be stopped

Quick Reply

Latest