Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who has finished their edexcel statistics CW i havent and im really worried, one of the worst course works ive EVER done ...please anyone give me ideas of what i can do ...im in like the worst position at the moment i have no idea on what 3 interlinked hypothesis i can do on books with A* methods for each ??? Pleaseee help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaikaxx)
    Who has finished their edexcel statistics CW i havent and im really worried, one of the worst course works ive EVER done ...please anyone give me ideas of what i can do ...im in like the worst position at the moment i have no idea on what 3 interlinked hypothesis i can do on books with A* methods for each ??? Pleaseee help
    You could test if the number of pages in books is normally distributed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    You could test if the number of pages in books is normally distributed
    how would i represent the data and what calculations can i do for it?please give show me through steps

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how would i represent the data and what calculations can i do for it?please give show me through steps
    You should know this already; Its basic Statistical knowledge. If your serious about getting a good grade I suggest you revise!

You should use a histogram and you will need to calculate the mean and standard deviation if your going to test it for normalness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    You should know this already; Its basic Statistical knowledge. If your serious about getting a good grade I suggest you revise!

You should use a histogram and you will need to calculate the mean and standard deviation if your going to test it for normalness.
    could you please give me another hypothesis similar to this one please? Thank you very much for that btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)

Have you done this cw before?

ReputationRep:
    could you please give me another hypothesis similar to this one please? Thank you very much for that btw
    Your welcome. I cant give you another hypithesis as YOUR controlled assesment should be YOUR own work. However, I suggest you do another hypothesis that collects data presentable in a box plot and anothrr that presents data in a scatter diagram. With scatter diagrams you can also use SRCC as an addition that shows the strength of correlation

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.