Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

My name is Bogdan, I have 16 years old and I recently moved in UK. Recently, about one week ago, I applyed for a Crew Member for a McDonalds in Stevenage. I passed the first interview and tomorrow I have to go for an OJE. I want to ask you some questions about it. First of all my first interview was above my expectations, I did almost very well, and I don't know exactly if the interviewer will ask me some basic questions or more just because I don't speak and understand english like a british guy, but I can deal a conversation. Then, again, because I am an immigrant and I am kind of different from british people like is hard to me to translate from my first language in english in a conversation, I mean, they will notice that and take me easy by first time?
    And other question, I am really nervous and afraid to take me on tills, to recieve money and get change and food, it would be really hard for me to do that.
    So, basically I want to know if they will see me I am an immigrant and take me easy for the first time on OJE, I don't know, I hope to give me tasks like clean the tables or greet new customers, or stuff easy like that which not need excellent communication skills.
    Hope you get answears to my questions because I am really nervous when I am thinking tomorrow I will be for an OJE.

Thank you very much, Bogdan.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by bogdan03)
    I'm sure you'll be fine. Your English seems to good enough for the job, and you'll quickly pick up the specific language and terms needed for the job. You seem to understand what is required in the role, which is a great first step. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    I'm sure you'll be fine. Your English seems to good enough for the job, and you'll quickly pick up the specific language and terms needed for the job. You seem to understand what is required in the role, which is a great first step. Good luck.
    Thank you so much, I have emotions and I am really nervous because in my country I never had an interview, and first possible job will be in english
    See you after I do it.

ReputationRep:
    If it's just as a crew member, they'll find something for you to do, even if it's just cleaning down tables and the toilets.
    Never having worked at Mcdonald's, but knowing people who have, they tend to find what you're good at, or at least capable of.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.