The Student Room Group

A-levels for Midwife (nurse), obstetrician doctor or obstetrician nurse?

]Hi, so im in year 10 at the moment and next year I will be doing my GCSE's after that ill be deciding what i want to choose for A-levels but problem is i dont know what to do. I still havent decided between a nurse obstetrician or doctor obstetrician, but i do wanna become either one of them. I want to become a doctor obstetrician but i heard you need to do chemistry, physics, biology and Maths? Is it possible to do it without maths? I just hate it and i dont think ill pass it for A-levels with an A which is what i would like. However if that doesnt work out, I have decided to just go for obstetrician nurse, but my sister's telling me that i could just do medical science for A-level but i dont know if that will get me into the obstetrician fielding. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME! I AM LITERALLY STRESSING MYSELF OUT HERE! can you tell me the A-levels needed for nurse obstetrician and doctor obstetrician. BTW if you wanna know what im doing for GCSE: Triple science, History, Sociology, English, maths, Re
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kaiikaii
]Hi, so im in year 10 at the moment and next year I will be doing my GCSE's after that ill be deciding what i want to choose for A-levels but problem is i dont know what to do. I still havent decided between a nurse obstetrician or doctor obstetrician, but i do wanna become either one of them. I want to become a doctor obstetrician but i heard you need to do chemistry, physics, biology and Maths? Is it possible to do it without maths? I just hate it and i dont think ill pass it for A-levels with an A which is what i would like. However if that doesnt work out, I have decided to just go for obstetrician nurse, but my sister's telling me that i could just do medical science for A-level but i dont know if that will get me into the obstetrician fielding. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME! I AM LITERALLY STRESSING MYSELF OUT HERE! can you tell me the A-levels needed for nurse obstetrician and doctor obstetrician. BTW if you wanna know what im doing for GCSE: Triple science, History, Sociology, English, maths, Re

Yes it's possible to get into medicine without maths, you just need biology and chemistry. By nurse obstercian do you mean a midwife? If so then you ll need biology
Hi, I would like to be an obstetrician and at the moment I’m in year 10 as well. I have good grades but I don’t think they’ll be enough, do GCSEs really matter when applying for uni or is it just a-levels? Also do I NEED to take chemistry in a-level in order to be an ob?
Original post by Lucieetheridge1
Hi, I would like to be an obstetrician and at the moment I’m in year 10 as well. I have good grades but I don’t think they’ll be enough, do GCSEs really matter when applying for uni or is it just a-levels? Also do I NEED to take chemistry in a-level in order to be an ob?

Hi
Look at attached information on this ok x

Screenshot_2021-04-28-21-32-52.png

Latest