Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    But you probably are an omnivore over a carnivore.
    i desire fuel and ammunition

ReputationRep:
    Gammon steak topped with pineapple is just too good, anyone shoving a picture of a cute piglet in my face can pork off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    The planet is ****ed no matter what I choose to eat.
    You're right, it's too late to stop climate change now. We've ignored the warnings for too long. The best we can hope for now is damage control, and changing our eating habits is a good place for the every-man to start making a difference. It's beyond question at this point that we eat too much meat, and increasingly more meat eaters are doing their part simply by reducing their consumption and being more careful about what they buy. Time to get with the programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    You're right, it's too late to stop climate change now. We've ignored the warnings for too long. The best we can hope for now is damage control, and changing our eating habits is a good place for the every-man to start making a difference. It's beyond question at this point that we eat too much meat, and increasingly more meat eaters are doing their part simply by reducing their consumption and being more careful about what they buy. Time to get with the programme.
    What about all those methane producing cows? There'll be less methane if we devour them all.

ReputationRep:
    Spicy Chicken Wings

ReputationRep:
    I love a good bacon butty man, on a saturday morning hmmm... good stuff.
    I love a sunday roast too, with all the trimmings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    What about all those methane producing cows? There'll be less methane if we devour them all.
    That's not really how it works. Eating meat just subsidises the meat industry and pays them to breed more methane-producing cows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    That's not really how it works. Eating meat just subsidises the meat industry and pays them to breed more methane-producing cows.
    he was joking

ReputationRep:
    We couldn't stop climate change even if we wanted to. Climate change has always happened.

ReputationRep:
    They only exist because of the demand for the products they produce. Consume less of those products equal less cows.

ReputationRep:
    I am certainly a guiltless meat eater, and I do concur that many vegans happen to be irritating with their self righteous, and self promoting rhetoric. However, I also believe that when we are able to artificially substitute meat without sacrificing taste or nutrition we will all ultimately become vegans. Our ancestors will eventually look back at the common practice of eating meat and consider it to be a primitive practice. I'm not sure they will ever be able to recreate bacon right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    he was joking
    If I was fooled into taking him seriously, other people probably were.

There's seems to be a lot of meat-hating militant veggie/vegan threads going around so I thought I'd start one for the meat eaters out there.

Discuss the wonders of eating other animals.
    STFU and get on my plate aready :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckingalt)
    that many vegans happen to be irritating
    Not unlike OP then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Not unlike OP then.
    I can't help if people take things too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I can't help if people take things too seriously.
    Ethical vegans/veggies obviously take it more serious due to their ethical viewpoint. Cramming your face with a burger in front of them and then going "you shouldn't take it so seriously" like tis all one big funny joke makes you a ****. There are plenty of dicks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Ethical vegans/veggies obviously take it more serious due to their ethical viewpoint. Cramming your face with a burger in front of them and then going "you shouldn't take it so seriously" like tis all one big funny joke makes you a ****. There are plenty of dicks.
    I was referring to my comment about methane that seems to have offended people somehow.

For any avoidance of doubt I don't really think that part of the solution to climate change involves eating something to stop it farting.

CTFO.

ReputationRep:
    What I choose for lunch makes absolutely zero difference to climate change when you have countries like China pumping out emissions like it is going out of fashion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chicken wings :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    What I choose for lunch makes absolutely zero difference to climate change when you have countries like China pumping out emissions like it is going out of fashion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really puts things in perspective when you hear about the cloud of smog that hangs over Beijing. Wtf!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.