Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever feel like you're not mentally strong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Everything just gets to you and you end up digging yourself into a hole.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes. I do stupid things without thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, especially lately.

ReputationRep:
    often

ReputationRep:
    Well, sometimes I just feel like there's no point to anything, especially living. Not in a pessimistic, decadent kind of way - just that there's no final quest, no ultimate goal that one has to reach. And yes, you can set one for yourself, but when you think about it, it's so arbitrary and meaningless that you're back at "there's no point".

ReputationRep:
    All the time. It's the reason I depend so much on my relationships. I left my fiance because the long distance was becoming too much and that stopped me from feeling as strong as I used to before our relationship turned into an LDR. Now I'm jumping into a relationship which I know won't last more than 3 months but at the moment it's what I need to feel strong because I can't deal with life on my own.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wake up with a burning desire to change my life and the life of others for the better, other days I'm stuck in the confinements of my own sadness and pessimism.

It's never the same for me, a new day brings a new set of emotions...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i'm emotionally unstable a lot of the time and yes it is hard but i do get over it after a few months or even years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illness)
    Everything just gets to you ad you end up digging yourself into a whole you cant get out of.
    Always.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Everyone feels down at times. recognise it and then have a strategy to look after yourself, soemtimes you might go foetal amd keep it down to eating and sleeping, reading books, watching films, talking to friends , going for a walk etc. Montor and look after yourself, bever ive in but support and cut yourself soem slack. One day at a time and you get through.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you gotta find a reason to keep carryin on mannn

Well I can always just end it if it gets really bad

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel low and like at that moment I don't feels strong enough, but I know for a fact that I have a lot of strength deep down to keep me going and sometimes it's just a little harder to get at it than others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    All the time. It's the reason I depend so much on my relationships. I left my fiance because the long distance was becoming too much and that stopped me from feeling as strong as I used to before our relationship turned into an LDR. Now I'm jumping into a relationship which I know won't last more than 3 months but at the moment it's what I need to feel strong because I can't deal with life on my own.
    omg this really touched me. it explains me so well

ReputationRep:
    Everything just gets to you ad you end up digging yourself into a whole you cant get out of.
    I do, then I remember the words of a wise man...

http://i.imgur.com/mB3H9lN.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Sometimes I feel low and like at that moment I don't feels strong enough, but I know for a fact that I have a lot of strength deep down to keep me going and sometimes it's just a little harder to get at it than others
    This, pretty much. I know from the past that I have the strength necessary to get through (pretty much) whatever, it's just about remembering that when I am going through a really tough time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every single day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Well I can always just end it if it gets really bad
    I admire your optimism

ReputationRep:
    How do you dig yourself into a 'whole'? Im intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    Well, sometimes I just feel like there's no point to anything, especially living. Not in a pessimistic, decadent kind of way - just that there's no final quest, no ultimate goal that one has to reach. And yes, you can set one for yourself, but when you think about it, it's so arbitrary and meaningless that you're back at "there's no point".
    And that's the point isn't it? What need is there for fame, power or wealth? Just enjoy the simple pleasures and do what you like doing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.