Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why do only black lives matter? Why not Hispanic lives? What about Brown lives? I'm sure Asians lives matter. Heck even White lives matter. Muslim lives? Christian lives? So why do only black lives matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliNaqvi:D)
    Why do only black lives matter? Why not Hispanic lives? What about Brown lives? I'm sure Asians lives matter. Heck even White lives matter. Muslim lives? Christian lives? So why do only black lives matter?
    Well dude - If Muslims, whites, Christians and Brown people really want to make their feelings felt, then they need to be just as vociferous as us blacks are when black people get killed unarmed by the police. They need to put in the work and point out how unarmed Whites, Christian, Asians and Muslims are killed by the police.

Are you prepared to do that ?

But whites don’t because they take it for granted that the police will not target them because of their race.

What is the point of trying to stop Black people from complaining about fellow Blacks who are killed police abuse? If all people are really suffering from police brutality equally, then would not you think that Whites and others should be complaining about the POLICE, rather than complaining about Blacks calling out the police ?

The truth is, whites are also brutalized by police but only blacks seem to be making an effort to change that. Black Lives Matter is essentially fighting for everyone’s rights and all we get in return is chastisement from those who would also benefit from change.

But many non blacks will support harsher government policies if they’ll hurt blacks even if they could potentially be used against them too. It’s an example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul45665)
    Well dude - If Whites, Muslims, Christian, Brown really want to make their feelings felt, then they need to be just as vociferous as us blacks are in pointing out how unarmed Whites, Christian, Asians and Muslims that are killed by the police.

But Whites don’t, because they take it for granted that the police will not target them because of their race.

What is the point of trying to stop Black people from complaining about fellow Blacks who are killed police abuse? If all people are really suffering from police brutality equally, then would not you think that Whites and others should be complaining about the POLICE, rather than complaining about Blacks calling out the police ?

The truth is, whites are also brutalized by police but only blacks seem to be making an effort to change that. Black Lives Matter is essentially fighting for everyone’s rights and all we get in return is chastisement from those who would also benefit from change.

But many non blacks will support harsher government policies if they’ll hurt blacks even if they could potentially be used against them too. It’s an example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Pretty much. Of course 'all lives matter' but 'black lives matter' exists because, in America, black people are wrongfully targeted by the police. The name alone indicates that black people are not treated very well. It isn't about making sure black people get better treatment than everyone else. It's about making sure black people are treated like everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    why are you trying to start a stupid argument on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Pretty much. Of course 'all lives matter' but 'black lives matter' exists because, in America, black people are wrongfully targeted by the police. The name alone indicates that black people are not treated very well. It isn't about making sure black people get better treatment than everyone else. It's about making sure black people are treated like everyone else.
    That “All Lives” stuff is just a diversionary tactic. It would only be an appropriate response if the slogan was #ONLYBlackLivesMatter. Of course all lives matter, but it’s not all lives that are being ended illegally by police in an ever increasing fashion.

When Whites say “All lives matter” (a chess-move phrase) that includes Darren Wilson, Brian Encinia, George Zimmerman, Michael ****er, Raymond Tensing, Daniel Pantaleo, Timothy Loehmann, etc. I wonder if Bill Cosby is included in the same phrase? Probably not. Can death row prisoners use the “all lives matter” phrase before execution? Probably not. These “all lives matter” people are extremely amusing.

The ‘All Lives Matter’ phrase is very laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    This is the internet. That's why.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Paul lol

Anyway I'll just jump right in and say

the saying isn't Only black lives matter.

The saying is, Black Lives Matter, in the face of blacks being killed left and right

Even I know this, OP.

ReputationRep:
    This is the internet. That's why.
    this argument has happened more than enough times on TSR, go do something useful with your spare time

ReputationRep:
    That “All Lives” stuff is just a diversionary tactic. It would only be an appropriate response if the slogan was #ONLYBlackLivesMatter. Of course all lives matter, but it’s not all lives that are being ended illegally by police in an ever increasing fashion.

When Whites say “All lives matter” (a chess-move phrase) that includes Darren Wilson, Brian Encinia, George Zimmerman, Michael ****er, Raymond Tensing, Daniel Pantaleo, Timothy Loehmann, etc. I wonder if Bill Cosby is included in the same phrase? Probably not. Can death row prisoners use the “all lives matter” phrase before execution? Probably not. These “all lives matter” people are extremely amusing.

BLM is like feminism. It started out to even the playing field but ending up one up'ping men and trying to show superiority.

ReputationRep:

Perfectly said. It is said to undermine the problem at hand. To ignore the matter and debate about words rather than the actual issue.

ReputationRep:
    this argument has happened more than enough times on TSR, go do something useful with your spare time
    Just finished doing 3 hours of Chemistry. If you're not prepared for what the internet has in store, get off. And don't tell me what to do bruh.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished doing 3 hours of Chemistry. If you're not prepared for what the internet has in store, get off. And don't tell me what to do bruh.
    I've been in this business long enough to 'be prepared', but this kind of stuff is usually for facebook or reddit, not a bloody student forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsjenner)
    DonaldTrump 2016 what's a niglet?
    Google it

ReputationRep:
    I've been in this business long enough to 'be prepared', but this kind of stuff is usually for facebook or reddit, not a bloody student forum.
    To be fair I'm not posting in the A-Level forum, it's CLEARLY in the debate forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    This is the first time I've come across that word. I am not here to address his use of silly words.
    What're you here to do?

ReputationRep:
    Google it
    I didn't ask you

but someone with the name Ali saying racist sh*t, you're really ahead of yourself hypocrite

ReputationRep:
    BLM is like feminism. It started out to even the playing field but ending up one up'ping men and trying to show superiority.
    First off you use the world "Nig.g.er" "Niglet" (Same thing)

And watch the way no moderator will ban you. Watch the way no-one will accuse you of racism. Watch the way this post will stay up.

Yet black people like me and others get banned on TSR all the time.

But I digress

The issue is not about being white, and therefore “unable” to criticize black people. Jesus, how anyone could believe that in a culture where white critique of black people is a daily, hourly, minute-by-minute pastime is beyond me.

Rather the issue is, are you connected enough to black leadership to actually, humble yourself, sit, listen and learn from black people ?

Because if the answer to that last question is no, then you should not be surprised when the black people you criticize think you’re full of sh*t

On the other hand, if the answer to the question above were yes, my guess is you would not be losing your mind about what #BlackLivesMatter folks are doing.

ReputationRep:
    its tsr.. there full of them

ReputationRep:
    What're you here to do?
    Address the topic? lol

ReputationRep:
    Are you just going to comment and not address the word..."niglet?"
    Loopholes my friend, loopholes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.