Best pen for exams?

Watch this thread
daisie
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I currently use the pilot frixion pens but I cannot use these in the exams because they are heat sensitive. Could anyone recommend any similar pens? I struggle using biros because my writing goes quite patchy and there ends up being white bits in my writing. I am not sure why because I press reasonably hard when I write. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated!
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Berol pens or those pens that you get from fundraisers and charities.
Smidge_midge
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Have you tried gel pens or fineliners?
username2337813
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Smidge_midge)
Have you tried gel pens or fineliners?
Gel pens aren't allowed in exams. Well, AQA anyway. And fineliners are frowned upon because the ink can go through the page.
daisie
Rep:
No I haven't. Thank you for your help!
Ekno
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Them ones you can rob from Argos are sick fam
daisie
Rep:
(Original post by hxfsxh)
Gel pens aren't allowed in exams. Well, AQA anyway. And fineliners are frowned upon because the ink can go through the page.
I use AQA, Edexcel, Edexcel iGCSE, and OCR
daisie
Rep:
(Original post by Ekno)
Them ones you can rob from Argos are sick fam
I'm not keen on those, they're kind of like biros so my writing goes funny
simply_a_ Δ
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I ask the same question too! So I sent an email to the examboard and they said no to gel pens. I asked "why?" and essentially they said "cos JCQ says you can't, deal with it" Not sure about fineliners tho.

Same, I can't deal with biros :/
username2337813
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by daisie)
I use AQA, Edexcel, Edexcel iGCSE, and OCR
Definitely don't use fineliners for AQA and Edexcel. They quote in the examination rules that fineliners aren't the best pens to use.
I don't know about OCR.
Try to use a biro or something similar.
daisie
Rep:
(Original post by simply_a_ Δ)
I ask the same question too! So I sent an email to the examboard and they said no to gel pens. I asked "why?" and essentially they said "cos JCQ says you can't, deal with it" Not sure about fineliners tho.

Same, I can't deal with biros :/
Thanks! I will avoid gel pens then!
daisie
Rep:
(Original post by hxfsxh)
Definitely don't use fineliners for AQA and Edexcel. They quote in the examination rules that fineliners aren't the best pens to use.
I don't know about OCR.
Try to use a biro or something similar.
Ok thank you
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
simple black Biro pen.
daisie
Rep:
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
simple black Biro pen.
I can't write properly in biros :/
Eternalflames
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I always use the black ink one for exams
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Name:  bic.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  50.8 KB Always use a Bic.
honeylooloo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
pencil
Sunshine98
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7333/8...43afa31c_z.jpg
glowanti
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I use the bic softfeel clic grip in black, it grips so the pen doesn't slip when i'm trying to write fast and I just find it goes on the page smooth and allows me to go as fast as possible really
shawtyb
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
one with ink
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
16.12%
The paper was reasonable (178)
48.63%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
25.14%
It was TERRIBLE (37)
10.11%

Watched Threads