Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria_viola9)
    I did, I got one yesterday Although it's Psychology as a Joint Honours with a different subject

I'm not really sure about 'direct application', but I used UCAS and filled all 5 options
    Oh, congratulations! I'm so jealous! As a home applicant (well, EU, but we have the home fees) I'll probably have to wait a few more months and it's killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GermanIRhopeful)
    Oh, congratulations! I'm so jealous! As a home applicant (well, EU, but we have the home fees) I'll probably have to wait a few more months and it's killing me.
    Yeah I'm also waiting for other unis which are rumoured to send offers next year... tough right :/

But out of curiosity, why did they send early offers to international applicants? Is it to offer early choices before other countries might?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by victoria_viola9)
    Yeah I'm also waiting for other unis which are rumoured to send offers next year... tough right :/

But out of curiosity, why did they send early offers to international applicants? Is it to offer early choices before other countries might?
    Probably to allow us time to decide and procure funding. But it's more likely that they are trying to steal good students before the US or other countries could (St Andrews is my earliest offer in any country)- and it seems to work pretty well for them on the North American front St Andrews giving me an early offer has certainly made it more likely that I would firm them :rofl: but they were already my second or third choice anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here applied/got an offer for Classics?

ReputationRep:
    if my application says 'pending decision' and has done for about a week- how long do you think it will take until i receive a reply/decision?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Sarahparkins)
    if my application says 'pending decision' and has done for about a week- how long do you think it will take until i receive a reply/decision?
    Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I am a UK applicant
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    No, I am a UK applicant
    You might have to wait longer then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Scottish applicant and I've got pending decision .... I was told to wait until March so it will be a while regardless I think

ReputationRep:
    Any offers for math?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and I've got "pending decision" as well. I submitted my application on the 14th of October, so I was supposed to receive a reply by the end of the 3rd week of November...but no response still....

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for maths, when I spoke to the Uni they told me that don't tend to give offers until after 15/01/17

ReputationRep:
    International student here as well...applied October 31 and no response yet with "pending decision" per the portal. Hoping to receive a response by end of this week!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, hoping for some advice

Course: Mathematics
    GCSEs: 6A* 5A 1B and A in FSMQ
    AS Achieved: AAAA +2 other maths modules at A
    A2 Predicted: A*A*AA in maths, further maths, chemistry, economics
    Extra curriculars: Cello, singing, ballet, explorer scouts

When I went to the visiting day the 'lady who decides your fate' said I would probably have gotten an offer for 2016 entry with those grades, so yay I guess? However, this would have been with me paying RUK fees, and now I've been sent the fee status questionnaire to fill in, as there's a chance I might qualify for home fees instead. Obviously this would be great if I got in, I just don't know if it's worth it, as it's harder for home students to get in than RUK or international, afaik.

So basically, hoping for some advice on what to do? I can angle the fee status questionnaire either way (home or RUK) btw, they ask what you think your fee status is at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lammon)
    I've applied for maths, when I spoke to the Uni they told me that don't tend to give offers until after 15/01/17
    Are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qeyoo)
    Hi guys, hoping for some advice

Course: Mathematics
    GCSEs: 6A* 5A 1B and A in FSMQ
    AS Achieved: AAAA +2 other maths modules at A
    A2 Predicted: A*A*AA in maths, further maths, chemistry, economics
    Extra curriculars: Cello, singing, ballet, explorer scouts

When I went to the visiting day the 'lady who decides your fate' said I would probably have gotten an offer for 2016 entry with those grades, so yay I guess? However, this would have been with me paying RUK fees, and now I've been sent the fee status questionnaire to fill in, as there's a chance I might qualify for home fees instead. Obviously this would be great if I got in, I just don't know if it's worth it, as it's harder for home students to get in than RUK or international, afaik.

So basically, hoping for some advice on what to do? I can angle the fee status questionnaire either way (home or RUK) btw, they ask what you think your fee status is at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean, free university... Or certainly much cheaper university.... That's not something to be thrown away lightly. I would take the risk personally, but if you've really got your heart set on Saint Andrew's then it's a tough one.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for international relations/modern languages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Anyone applying for international irelations/modern languages?
    I've applied for IR still on pending decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Anyone applying for international relations/modern languages?
    I have a German offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CivilAsAnOrange)
    I have a German offer.
    Congrats! When did you get that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.